Is OneMesh supported with a wired access point / extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-11 18:03:47
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Am considering upgrading to a OneMesh-compatible AX21. I have an underground Ethernet connection between where the AX21 would go, to a detached garage where the WiFi signal from my current TP Link router (not OneMesh-compatible) is weak. Of course, I could buy any TP Link extender / access point and fix that using the Ethernet connection easily - but would normally have a new WiFi SSID etc.

If I were to use an AX21, with a OneMesh compatible extender (say RE 605X) wired in access point model, would OneMesh be available / create a seamless unified WiFi network, but use the Ethernet as backhaul? Obviously performance would be better this way than WiFi repeater. Or am I stuck with a separate WiFi SSID etc. if I use a wired connection (in which case, no point in upgrading to a OneMesh-compatible router first)?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is OneMesh supported with a wired access point / extender?
2021-02-16 02:57:29

@AsadYYC 

Hi,

Once the RE605x is set up as an access point, it does not support OneMesh anymore;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 1