Connected speed problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connected speed problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connected speed problems
Connected speed problems
2021-02-11 23:20:10 - last edited 2021-02-12 16:50:12
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

we have a deco MESH set up, all has been working fine, and could get speeds of ~ 100mb (and 5mb d/l) on our 100mb fibre broadband.

however, last week we upgraded the broadband to a 200mb connection, supplier reports that speed has increased, but deco connected speed is reporting the same as it was (I.e. 95 d/l, 5 u/l  ).

today I have disconnected the deco, and wired the Xbox straight into the modem. Where the reported speed was 280mb (and 10mb u/l). But then when I switch the cable into the P9, the Speedtest on the Xbox goes back to 95d/l and 5u/l.

Feels like something isn't right somewhere, any ideas?

thanks

Barrie 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connected speed problems-Solution
2021-02-12 16:13:42 - last edited 2021-02-12 16:50:12

@BDC1 

You may wish to check what QoS parameter is set to in your Deco mesh, and increase it to unlock your new Internet speed. See Using QoS feature of Deco.

I wish TP-Link documented that feature better, because this is a recurring question in Deco forum.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connected speed problems
2021-02-12 15:08:02

@BDC1 

Goodluck with getting a response,  i have not had any luck in sorting my half speed issue either! i am only 500mb down on mine!

BDC1 wrote

Hello,

we have a deco MESH set up, all has been working fine, and could get speeds of ~ 100mb (and 5mb d/l) on our 100mb fibre broadband.

however, last week we upgraded the broadband to a 200mb connection, supplier reports that speed has increased, but deco connected speed is reporting the same as it was (I.e. 95 d/l, 5 u/l  ).

today I have disconnected the deco, and wired the Xbox straight into the modem. Where the reported speed was 280mb (and 10mb u/l). But then when I switch the cable into the P9, the Speedtest on the Xbox goes back to 95d/l and 5u/l.

thanks

Barrie 

BDC1 wrote

Hello,

thanks

Barrie 

Options
Re:Connected speed problems-Solution
2021-02-12 16:13:42 - last edited 2021-02-12 16:50:12

@BDC1 

You may wish to check what QoS parameter is set to in your Deco mesh, and increase it to unlock your new Internet speed. See Using QoS feature of Deco.

I wish TP-Link documented that feature better, because this is a recurring question in Deco forum.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connected speed problems
2021-02-12 16:51:33

@Alexandre.  That seems to have done the trick, thanks...

I was suspecting that it was being limited somewhere.

thanks for your help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 3

Related Articles