Archer A6 V3 - no internet every few hours, reboot fixes the problem temporarily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A6 V3 - no internet every few hours, reboot fixes the problem temporarily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-12 07:36:58 - last edited 2021-06-18 01:33:58
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066(5553)

Upgraded to tplink A6 V3 latest version from old netgear router in hope of getting better wifi experience and speed. But internet stops working (WAN port light shows red light) after few hours of working. Reboot resolves the problem, but it recurs every few hours. Got everything checked from ISP PPPoE, everything is fine from ISP as old router works good. Went through google search, found some articles on community and you tube that almost everyone who got this new version of A6 facing this issue. Firmware is also updated on first connection to latest. As suggested in you tube/community articles, updated the MAC address of new router with ISP even though it seems irrelevant with PPPoE, did it to rule out if that is the issue. Noticed that with Smart Connect setting OFF, it works for longer time and then gives issue. But with Smart Connect ON for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz to share same SSID problem issue happens frequently.

Going by articles and videos on you tube, it seems to be firmware issue and should be fixed in software by tp-link. Please fix this and release a new firmware with a fix soon. Not happy with my upgrade to tp-link.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A6 V3 - no internet every few hours, reboot fixes the problem temporarily-Solution
2021-06-17 17:31:39 - last edited 2021-06-18 01:33:58

@SMAHATO72 this solution finally worked for me: I captured the router logs when internet drops. It was showing the same error always. I sent the log to service provider and they fixed it from their side. You may try the same. Hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A6 V3 - no internet every few hours, reboot fixes the problem temporarily
2021-03-02 09:55:46

@Viksit 

May I know who is your ISP? If the internet LED becomes orange when the internet drops, please login to the web interface of the A6, confirm if there is still a WAN IP address. If there is, please try to change the DNS server to something else different from that assigned by your ISP, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the A6 to check again.

Please ensure the cable between the ISP modem and the A6 router is good, you may try with a different cat 5e or cat 6 cable.

Options
Re:Archer A6 V3 - no internet every few hours, reboot fixes the problem temporarily
2021-06-17 09:28:19

@Viksit same issue with me 

Options
Re:Archer A6 V3 - no internet every few hours, reboot fixes the problem temporarily-Solution
2021-06-17 17:31:39 - last edited 2021-06-18 01:33:58

@SMAHATO72 this solution finally worked for me: I captured the router logs when internet drops. It was showing the same error always. I sent the log to service provider and they fixed it from their side. You may try the same. Hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2195

Replies: 3