Parental Control - how to know what sites are blocked?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-12 13:23:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Forum, 

Is there a way to know what is blocked in the different categories in the parental control?

For example "Social Networkworking" or "Media" etc. What are the specific sites that are blocked?

My issue is that I want to block most of it but the kids still need Zoom for school. Under the "Child" profile "Online Communication" is blocked. 

I chose to remove this section but it is still not possible to access a zoom call. I need to chose profile "Adult" for it to work. 

So, is there a place where you have listed the apps/websites/services that are grouped into the blocked categories ("Games" "G*mbling" etc). 

Do you know why Zoom specifically is not working under child category with the "Online Communication" de'blocked? I think it may have to do with how Zoom handles login to the account. 

L

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Control - how to know what sites are blocked?
2021-02-13 09:07:47

@Janingo 

Hi,

Did you also choose the category ’pay to surf’ under the kid profile?

--if yes, please remove this one as well.

As for the websites under each category, I am sorry there is no such as a list, but you could always search this website on the Trend Macro to find the right category:

https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2302/

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-15 15:42:27
Hi again, The categories that you get from asking TrendMicro are different than the ones listed in the Deco so how would you know? The filters are at the end useless since you always run into problems of school / educations sites that are blocked and there is no way to know what caused the block. For example https://www.raz-kids.com/ is a site for reading books but it cannot be accessed under from a device that is set up as a Child device - why? On TrendMircro it is categorized as Education.
Options
2021-02-22 19:41:38

@Janingo 

Another educational site that cannot be accessed from "Child" setting is www.ixl.com - it would be fantastic to have a like a log to see that sites are blocked and why.

Have a great day!

Options
2021-02-23 03:06:49

@Janingo 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

As for these two websites, we have reported to the senior engineers for further checking.

And once there is any update, I would come back here at once.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 4