Access web config/IP address for powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-12 13:29:59
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to add two TL-WPA4220 adapters to an existing powerline network. I've added both devices and paired with the existing network.

I can see both of them in the tplink software on my laptop.

But I now want to configure the WiFi network for these adapters, I've tried to access http://tplinkplc.net/ but get the annoying page that I'm not connected correctly.

I also don't have the web config icon in the tplink app.

I've tried to scan for the IP address using Fing but the adapter doesn't come up.

I've seen posts about a tplink scan tool but can't find this anywhere to download.

Would appreciate any suggestions how to fix

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access web config/IP address for powerline
2021-02-12 23:17:01

@Philip81 

Hey

Its been a while since I used these plugs but from memory i think the default IP is either   192.168.1.1   or   192.168.0.1 (think its the later).    Im thinking there is the possibility these are conflicting IP with your router as most ISP routers default to this same address.

I would disconnect one plug and cable into the other (now isolated).  Set your laptop/desktop IP to something like 192.168.0.123   mask of  255.255.255.0   gateway 192.168.0.1   and try connecting via IP to the plug (or use the tpplc.net address, personally I find IP more reliable), or try your scanner now.  If that dont work change the .0 to .1 and repeat..

Hopefully this will work for you, once into the plug change the IP to 192.168.x.2, repeat on other plug and set for 192.168.x.3   see if that works!    Remember to remove the static IP from your laptop once done.

Best of luck

Philbert

Options
Re:Access web config/IP address for powerline
2021-02-12 23:29:00

@Philbert 

Think you're right about the IP conflict, I remember reading somewhere that the default IP address could cause a conflict, the adapter would pick it up after a period of time and resolve itself.

Seems I just needed to be patient, left them plugged in all day and Fing picked them up without any issues, any address conflict must have sorted itself out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2593

Replies: 2

Related Articles