Archer AX73 reboot when connect LAN NAS to it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-12 21:05:37
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200907 rel.76867(4555)

Hi,

I get new my new AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router  2 days ago.

After the initial setup, I connect my QNAP 231P NAS via LAN to it and the router starts randomly reboot.
2 days I try to find the problem why the router works ok if NAS is not connected.
I changed cables, ports settings on the NAS and on the router. Always same result.
more info can be read here - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/251108?page=2
I have no luck at all.

10 min ago I reset the router from the back hole.

With the clear configuration, I only add my old laptop's MAC to get connected to ISP.
Setup Wi-fi and connected my current laptop.
When I plug NAS LAN cable router start reboots AGAIN..

This is not normal! I have and use this NAS more that 5 years with previous router.

Are there users with this router and NAS LAN connected to it?

Best wishes,
Tihomir

Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 reboot when connect LAN NAS to it
2021-02-18 08:26:20

@Tihomir 

Hi Tihomir, is the NAS connected only via LAN4? Just ensure it is not connected via 2 LANs. 192.168.6.3 is the IP address for the NAS? What if you tried to assign another IP for it, such as 192.168.6.2 or 192.168.2.250? Just ensure this IP address has not been used by any device in the network.

The tech team was also made aware of your issue. They will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-02-18 09:20:25

@Kevin_Z 

Dear Kevin,
I tried to manually assign IP, also changed to 192.168.0.3 .. dynamically get IP -  192.168.0.147 .. always the same situation.

Now I'm with my old router and it's work like I expected.
I returned ax73 to service for test and replacement.

I will contact support .. and when I have a new one or tested my router will be able to tell more info.

Best wishes,
T.

Options
2021-02-21 18:33:16

@Tihomir 

Hey, I am having the same issue. AX73 and a QNAP Ts251+.

Router restarts randomly.. every single day.. 

Quite annoying. Let me know please if they have a solution for you.

Thanks!

Options
2021-02-21 19:12:25
Yes of course! I'm still waiting for service and will back with a new info.
Options
2021-02-22 02:37:30

@polyn 

May I know how is the QNAP Ts251+ connected to the AX73? Which LAN port? Are there special/advanced settings on the AX73 for it, such as Address Reservation or static IP address, or port forwarding for the QNAP Ts251+?

Try with a different LAN port on the AX73 as well as the port on the QNAP Ts251+, try with a different Ethernet cable as well.

Please also provide the detailed network layout? How is the AX73 connected to the network, who is your ISP, what is the model of the modem? We will soon check and investigate this.

Options
2021-02-22 18:52:03

@Tihomir and @polyn,

I also have an AX73 and a Qnap NAS (TS-431P2). I bought the AX73 because the AX10 I have, caused my Kodi setup to buffer and stutter during video playback from the NAS. Bypassing the AX10 solved this problem. The problem began after a firmware update, before this update the AX10 performed well. A factory reset didn't solve the problem. Thinking that, because the AX10 is a budget router, this behaviour was to be expected I bought the AX73. To my big surprise the AX73 gave me the same problem. Then I stumbled on this topic. I didn't check if the router reboots after crashing Kodi. The AX73 is in Access Point mode so there's not much you can do with settings. On the NAS side I changed the LAN interface speed setting from auto negotiate to 1000Mb full duplex. This change is fresh but so far the buffering and stuttering hasn't come back. I didn't check if the AX10 also profits from this setting. With previous routers I never had this problem.

I realise this is not exactly the problem you guys are facing but I hope it's supportive in getting TP-link Tech Support on the right track.

Options
2021-02-23 08:01:19

@FreeLink 

The issue you reported seems different from Tihomir's and polyn's, so please monitor the performance and let us know if there is still an issue, thanks.

Options
2021-03-02 22:03:57

@Kevin_Z @Tihomir 

I did change the ports on both the router and on the NAS.

There was no address reservation, but I did use port forwarding.

I ended up sending back the router to the reseller. They forwarded it to TP-Link and they could not fix it, so offered me a refund since they no longer have AX73 on stock.

Now I am thinking of getting the AX90 but afraid that it will have the same problems as the AX73 had since @FreeLink had some similar problems with 2 different models...

Options
2021-03-03 03:27:31

@polyn 

AX90 is a different from the AX73, if the AX73 is currently not available in the market, you can get the AX90.

Options
2021-03-03 08:07:15

@Kevin_Z why AX73 is not available?

I get new AX73 with a different part number week ago. From local service, wait a week to be sure that the new one is not from the same lot,  to be sure to eliminate some defects.  Again reboot issue :(

The support sends me beta firmware .. again router starts to reboot and can't load if QNAP NAS TS-231P is connected.

I have returned to my old Xiaomi and it's work just I want stable connections to all devices.

I made these videos for support:
1. https://youtu.be/qbGN1fWWalc
2. https://youtu.be/A302cQ1lqz4

If there is no NAS connected router is working stable and smooth.
If I can't find a solution I will return it again :(

T.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2620

Replies: 14