Archer Ax20 v1.20 Locks up under heavy load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-13 16:44:49
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20201023 rel.69987(5553)

So I've had this problem with this particular router

Under heavy load let's say I'm downloading some files

Transferring some files onto my server and surfing the internet the router will lock up

I will do have to unplug it to reset it in order to get access This is infuriating

I had an ASUS router before this and never had the problems

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer Ax20 v1.20 Locks up under heavy load
2021-02-15 11:05:13

@Onknight 

Hi,

When the router locked up, would the internet light turn red?

And were you still able to get IP address from the router and ping the gateway?

By the way, how long have you had the router?

If possible, please also try to turn off the Onemesh feature on the Archer AX20 to have a test:

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-15 14:04:46

@Kevin_Z 

No the lights stay green 

No access to anything I can't ping anything 

I am not running the  Onemesh feature

Options
2021-02-18 11:13:22

@Onknight 

How many devices are connected to the AX20, wired and wirelessly? What is the bandwidth you paid for the internet?

Try to optimize your wireless network, for the devices with small traffic, please connect them to the 2.4G network, like smart devices/Cameras; For the devices with high traffic, please connect them to the 5G wireless network, like the smartphone/PC/TV.

When the router locked up, do you mean you can no longer ping the gateway or the internet? Are the devices connected to it still obtain a valid IP address at that time?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-18 14:06:22 - last edited 2021-02-18 14:28:45

@Kevin_Z 

9 Wired  all Heavy Stuff is done on Wired Connection on 6A Ethernet cable 

7 On Wifi  For Lights Doorbell (2G)  Cameras(5 G) and Phone (5G) and Alexa(2G)

Once the Router dose lock up  I can't access anything till  I Unplug the Router and Reboot it 

so I have no way knowing if can still get a IP

as for when locks up  it when I am working 

I work as Film and TV Editor From home 

so I get Huge Downloads some days The Downloads are 60 Gig are not uncommon

The but now this is causing a Problem to livelihood 

Never had this Problem with Asus AC Router

Temped to Sell this one buy a Asus one ..But my Amazon window Closed 

and there is no alternative firmware for your broadcom chipset so I am suck with it 

Options
2021-02-19 03:28:23

@Onknight 

While the AX20 is locked up, you can still check the IP address on the devices connected to it. Check this if there are computers.

If the computer can get a valid IP address from the AX20, try to do a ping test, and show us the results. 

How to Use the Ping Command: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/.

Options
2021-02-19 10:24:19 - last edited 2021-02-19 10:27:43

@Kevin_Z  After lock up

after Reboot of Router 

Options
2021-02-19 12:43:31

@Onknight 

From the ping results you are attaching, it seems this lock-up issue only happen on this particular computer, am I right? What if you disable then enable the adapter on this computer, or just unplug the Ethernet cable then plug it back, will this resolve the lock-up issue as well?

Are there any special settings on the AX20? Please try to reset it to factory defaults by pressing the reset button or do the factory defaults on its web interface page, then reconfigure it to connect to the internet to verify if the issue persists.

BTW, may I know who is your ISP? What is the detailed network layout, are there any other switches in the network? How are the devices connected to each other? We hope you could share with us the detailed network scratch, then we will try to verify if there is anything causing the issue.

Options
2021-02-19 14:25:50 - last edited 2021-02-19 14:39:00

@Kevin_Z 

No Same thing on the other Computers  I lose Access to everything on the network .

I Tried a Factory Reset Already  same Problem

Vmedia.ca is my ISP

Yes there a Switch  but computers are not on it  they plug into main  

(*) Motorola Surfboard SB6141 ---- Router --- Computer A --- Computer B ----  C  Synology Nas 1-----  D Switch | 

|

|

On the Switch (1) Harmoy Hub (2) Philips hue Bridge (3) Synology Nas 2 (3) Google Cromecast with Google TV with USB Dongle has Ethernet

(4) Xbox 360 (5) Denon Amp (6) Open

On wifi : surface laptop   2 a few RGB Lightbulbs and Strips   3 Door Lock  4 Ring doorbell (5) Pixel 3A XL (6) two Amazon Speakers

By the this all work Flawless on Asus Router AC-AC56U   Never had a Issue before changing to  your crappy Router.. 

so it's your router it not my equipment   I'd Return your Router  to Amazon had the window not close for Return 

and gone back to AC56U Very Disappointed ..

Options
2021-02-20 00:43:38

@Kevin_Z    You can close this file  I contacted Amazon They agreed to take back Router 

I will never but TP-link Item I've Replaced the router with a NETGEAR 4-Stream AX1800

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 9

Related Articles