Optiplex 3020 Archer T6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Optiplex 3020 Archer T6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Optiplex 3020 Archer T6E
Optiplex 3020 Archer T6E
2021-02-14 16:34:31
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 mobo 0vhwtr with 1 PCI-e x16 and 3 PCI-e x1 slots and I'm trying to install an Archer T6E AC1300 card.  Bios is A20, latest version.  Windows 10 20H2.  When I insert the installation disk it says the device is not present and will not install drivers.  I cannot find it in the Device Manager in Windows nor are there any unrecognized devices.  I downloaded the Windows 10 drivers directly from tp-link and they failed to install same as the installation disk.  I tried the Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode as administrator and no luck there either.

The back of the card is lit green, I have tried all 4 PCI-e slots.  In BIOS I can see the device in system information listed as VGA Compatible.  The VGA Compatible device moves PCI-e slot to PCI-e slot as I move the T6E.

Is the card defective, is it not compatible with this mobo, any ideas as to why it will not be recognized by the system? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Optiplex 3020 Archer T6E
2021-02-16 07:08:07

@aburchiv 

Hi, could you please test on another computer so that we could tell whether it is the hardware issue or incompatibility issue?

By the way, could you please also turn off the windows firewall for a while to have a look

Some computers have built-in drivers and could you please check if there is already one wireless adapter ready for use?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Related Articles