Deco M5 and Sky Q problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-15 22:45:16 - last edited 2021-02-19 05:37:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Deco M5 - 2 satellites - sky Q box one room only

My ISP - Plusnet: turned off their Hub One wifi to use it as modem "living Room" main deco cabled into it set to router mode

Satellite 1 "TV room" Samsung smart TV & sky Q

Satellite 2 "bedroom" upstairs boys on laptops, gaming & Netflix. 

Getting 70mbps+ now in every area of large solid house. 

THE PROBLEM: Sky Q keeps freezing, controller then won't work and it has to be reset.   Deco was originally in access mode so I changed to router & changed Sky Q on the TV Room so that mesh was OFF - this was an improvement. 

Did Deco update this morning and have had problems again with Sky Q freezing & unresponsive.  Looked and the Sky Q is showing on the wrong satellite device list for "living Room" on the other side of the house with mesh back ON

How do i solve this problem?  FYI I have no phone socket to use TV room as main deco. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 and Sky Q problem-Solution
2021-02-18 12:50:29 - last edited 2021-02-19 05:37:31

My solution was to connect deco into the Sky Q box via ethernet, I didn't need the sky WiFi, my ISP is plusnet and I have no Q mini boxes for multiroom. 

Plusnet Hub One with WiFi OFF used as modem, ethernet cabled to "MAIN" deco M5 in router mode

SATELLITE deco M5 ethernet cabled into back of Sky Q box

Select WIRED in SKY Q : Home button: Scroll to settings & select/setup & select/network/reset/wired connection 

Turn OFF SKY Q wi-fi: Home button:

Scroll to settings but DO NOT SELECT press 001 - select, scroll to Network then across switch off 2.4 and 5 then down and select confirm. 

SO far, so good

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and Sky Q problem
2021-02-16 08:50:46

@Melissa1965 

Hi, did you turn off the Mesh again after updating the firmware of Deco?

By the way, there is only Sky Q main box, no mini box, right?

Would it be possible to connect the Sky Q box via Ethernet cable to the satellite Deco to check whether the Ethernet connection is quite stable?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-16 16:58:14 - last edited 2021-02-16 17:20:02

@Kevin_Z 

I hadn't switched the mesh off again after the update as I assumed preferences wouldn't need to be reset every time. 

We have no mini boxes only the main unit as the teens use Netflix. 

Deco is now cabled into sky Q box (and can stay that way if preferable) but I've been unable to switch sky on

Deco Ap - Sky Q, with two different ip addresses, is showing in living room with the mesh switched off. 

Showing on TV room deco (where it should be) but with no mesh switch option but I assume that's because it's connected via ethernet

Options
2021-02-17 11:44:55

@Kevin_Z is seems to be fairly well established that there is an issue between the TP link and Sky Q tech - has no one come up with a cohesive solution for it?

Options
Re:Deco M5 and Sky Q problem-Solution
2021-02-18 12:50:29 - last edited 2021-02-19 05:37:31

My solution was to connect deco into the Sky Q box via ethernet, I didn't need the sky WiFi, my ISP is plusnet and I have no Q mini boxes for multiroom. 

Plusnet Hub One with WiFi OFF used as modem, ethernet cabled to "MAIN" deco M5 in router mode

SATELLITE deco M5 ethernet cabled into back of Sky Q box

Select WIRED in SKY Q : Home button: Scroll to settings & select/setup & select/network/reset/wired connection 

Turn OFF SKY Q wi-fi: Home button:

Scroll to settings but DO NOT SELECT press 001 - select, scroll to Network then across switch off 2.4 and 5 then down and select confirm. 

SO far, so good

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1317

Replies: 4

Related Articles