AX20 sometimes reboot whenever connect only a specific PC or WiFi device that using WPA3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX20 sometimes reboot whenever connect only a specific PC or WiFi device that using WPA3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-16 00:16:49
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: AX20(JP)_V1.0_200929

Hi,

I have an AX20 but sometimes reboot whenever connect only a specific PC or WiFi device that using WPA3.

But my iPhone that using WPA3 is no problem for now.

I tried to isolate the cause to change from WPA3 to WPA2 on AX20 and then no reboot for now.

Does anyone run into the same problem?

For your reference, I inform following my device information.

PC device   : HP ENVY x360 Laptop  13

WiFi deivce : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
version : 22.20.0.6

I guess this is a bug and so hope TP-LINK fixes this bug because want to use WPA3 for security.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX20 sometimes reboot whenever connect only a specific PC or WiFi device that using WPA3
2021-02-23 08:59:40

@takaboo 

Can we confirm the detailed symptom about the reboot issue? Do you mean when you set the wireless security on the AX20 to WPA3, then connect the specific PC to the network, then the AX20 just reboots? Do all LEDs turn off then on just like you are powering it off then on?

Can we have the specific wireless security settings on the AX20 when the issue happens? Please show us the Wireless Security page, you may cover the SSID and password for any security concerns.

Is the Smart Connect feature is enabled or disabled on the AX20? You may try to disable it if it is currently on.

Options
Re:AX20 sometimes reboot whenever connect only a specific PC or WiFi device that using WPA3
2021-02-23 13:33:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, Kevin.

Thanks for your comment.

> then connect the specific PC to the network, then the AX20 just reboots? 
> Do all LEDs turn off then on just like you are powering it off then on?
> Can we have the specific wireless security settings on the AX20 when the issue happens? 

All correct

>Please show us the Wireless Security page, you may cover the SSID and password for any security concerns.

SSID: xxx (masked) <- SSID is hideen
Security: WPA2/WPA3-Personal (now WPA/WPA2-Personal)
Password: xxx(masked) 

>Is the Smart Connect feature is enabled or disabled on the AX20? 
>You may try to disable it if it is currently on.

Just tried to disable it on "WPA2/WPA3-Personal" mode but could not resolve this trouble.
and disable it on "WPA/WPA2-Personal" mode and then, no reboot can keep using wirless.
Therefore I guess that "WPA2/WPA3-Personal" function has the bug.

Options
2021-02-24 01:38:16

@takaboo 

This will be worth to work out, and the tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 3

Related Articles