Deco m4 as router with 2 tp link switches slows down my ethernet. qos cant be disabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m4 as router with 2 tp link switches slows down my ethernet. qos cant be disabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-16 18:43:34
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 20200918 rel. 74289

I am having issues with the throughput of my deco on an cat7 cable with 2 switches.

Fore some issue it slows down my speed tot 100 mbit

I had to plug it in directly in my modem/router to solve this issue.

I dont like using my isp modem as router but only then i get my 250/25 

Anybody else had the same issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco m4 as router with 2 tp link switches slows down my ethernet. qos cant be disabled
2021-02-17 02:40:07

@Joepke 

Hi,

Could you please help me draw a picture of your whole network structure from the modem to the switches

By the way, did you mean that the QoS could not be disabled on the Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco m4 as router with 2 tp link switches slows down my ethernet. qos cant be disabled
2021-02-17 05:53:43

@TP-Link 

Sure.

Ik had my modem in bridge setting.

One rj45 in Port 1 on May first M4.

From port 2 rj45 (cat7) to a gigabit switch from that switch cat5e to my pc (speed at 95 mbit).

When i put the the modem in router setting and bypass the deco the speed goes up to 250 mbit.

The speed on the first deco on wifi is good in Both settings.

Qos cant be turned of in router setting.

BTW if i just change my deco from router tot acces point its still slow.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 2

Related Articles