Deco M4 CPU load is getting 100% Without any load!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 CPU load is getting 100% Without any load!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Deco M4 CPU load is getting 100% Without any load!
2021-04-20 19:31:42

So, today a senior engineer from tp-link reached out to me and informed me that it is normal to get CPU usage spikes when you set one deco as the main router and have other deco units connected to it. Also, he informed me that if I use another router as the main router and setup the deco's as AP's it will reduce the CPU usage spikes on the main deco (which is something I have tried but I was still getting CPU usage spikes to 100%).

It seems to me like it is a hardware limitation even though I believe the unit have a 750MHz dual core processor !!!

Options
2021-07-27 14:17:47

@meyouthis hi use my deco m4 unites as ap and I do have the spikes too and they are using 100% of cpu and network simply freezes is impossible to use!

Options
2021-07-27 15:40:47

@marine_tugah hi there Marine, for me the network does not freeze when I set my deco m4 units as AP's but there is sometimes a slight delay when I browse the internet (some webpages take longer time to load) and it's still happening with the latest firmware update 1.5.0 .. you may try updating your deco's to the latest firmware and I hope it solves your issue. 

Options
2021-07-28 00:35:10
Yes it frezes even more with last update I opened ticket on amazon bye bye deco!
Options
2021-07-28 01:16:22

@marine_tugah 

Hi, thanks for the update.

If you would like to spend a little more time, we would love to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

According to their request, could you please help me confirm the following details:

1.Would refreshing the web UI reduce the CPU load?

2. May I know the model number of your main ISP router?

3. Could you please draw a simple about the current network map like:

ISP main router---main Deco M4(AP mode)--wireless to the rest of the units

Options
2021-08-10 08:58:22
Hi After also trying to understand the cause for the frequent disconnects on one of the Decos (the farthest and most used), I see that it's always at 100%, and sometimes disconnects (blinking red light) and then resumes after restart. This has started mainly after the 1.5 firmware update also. Thanks
Options
2021-09-05 22:19:07 - last edited 2021-09-05 22:26:22

@Choklate A HA, found why the wife keeps telling me her web calls people cant hear her and its freezing, Tried multiple things, moving them, reboots you name it. Then today found the hidden admin page which shows CPU load HIDDEN unlike the app which HIDES IT.

Reason can only be because its known to be sub optimal to make it cheap.

Now I know why it doesn't work properly, because Deco is cheap crap. 

Can the admin please inform us how we get a refund on these devices which have a major design flaw and do are not fit for purpose so under the consumer act in the UK, even without a warranty are liable for refunds?

Options
2021-09-08 07:29:20 - last edited 2021-09-08 07:31:26

@crs_01 

Hi, the CPU load on the web UI is not lively updated and it has been tested as long as the CPU load could be back to normal after a fresh of the web UI or waiting for several minutes, it would not cause any issue.

Since you have an Archer VR600, did you set up E4 under access point mode?

As for the video conference and web calls, please check whether the internet bandwidth is enough to hold an online meeting/call.

Then turn off the Mesh technology for the host device on the Deco APP.

If possible, since 2.4ghz normally is easily affected by wireless interference, please turn off the 2.4ghz on the main network.

(For the smart IoT devices that are 2.4ghz only, it is suggested to enable guest network for 2.4ghz only for these devices.)

Options
Related Articles