PROBLEMS WITH MY NEW TL-WR844N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-19 13:20:14
Model: TL-WR844N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

HELLO

NEED HELP WITH MY NEW TL-WR844N, 

I'm using it in wisp mode taking connection from my neighbour and during all day it randomly disconnects from the network,  but the biggest problem is that it does NOT reconnect itself, i have to unplug from power and plug again to reconnect  or reboot it for the web interface. It's quite annoying do it 8, 9, 10 times a day. (Wireless source signal comes from a TL-WR940n v6 450Mbps and signal is always between 3-4 bars  from 5)

Can TP-Link correct this problem soon with a firmware update??? It's disappointing having this problems with a brand new device since the first day of unboxing..

Thank you very much

Options
9 Reply
Re:PROBLEMS WITH MY NEW TL-WR844N
2021-03-02 12:52:08

@GeorKhawam  I've solved the problem but i've got another new one...  I've  installed an older firmware and the problem with the random loss of connection has gone,  but now i've found a bug in this old firmware,  the QoS function for watching in real-time the speed of downloads/uploads of the connected users now does not work.  It "works" but not in "real time",  you have to refresh the QoS page to see the down/up speeds of the connected clients..

How can i solve this?

Will be available a new firmware for the tl-wr844n soon?? 

Options
2021-03-03 09:54:10

@GeorKhawam 

Which firmware are you on now with the WR844N? Is it TL-WR844N(EU)_V1_191129? Do you mean the real-time rate on the WR844N was displayed properly on the latest firmware before you downgraded to this version? As far as I know, the down/up speed is the real-time rate your devices connect, you may check this by watching a Live on your phone or computer, and it will show you how it works.

Options
2021-03-03 12:00:45

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your reply..  The firmware in which it came from factory was the 1.4.3 200731 (39534n).. I visited the tp-link download center for this model and the newest firmware was one which is older that came from factory (the download center for the WR844n needs to be updated),  and i found the 1.4.2  200413 (32710n).  Installed it, and finally solved the issue of random disconnects from the main wifi network from my neighbour..... but now the QoS function does not work properly how it worked before,  the net speeds of the online devices shows frozen, you have to refresh the page to see the actual values, they don't move or vary in "real-time" like when it did with the previous newest but defective 1.4.3 firmware.  The 1.4.3 firmware was almost perfect buy the only thing what needs is to correct the random disconnections (it does not reconnect by itself)..  Thanks for helping

Options
2021-03-04 02:31:31

@GeorKhawam 

Thanks for reminding, we will remind to update the local website.

As for the QoS real-time rate issue, can you please confirm again if there is a real-time rate/date when you watch a live on your phone or computer continuously to monitor again?

As for the disconnect issue on the latest 1.4.3 version, may I know how many devices are connected to the network? Are they all behaving the same at the same time, and you need to reboot the WR844N to restore the connection? What is the error message when they failed to connect back after disconnect from the network?

When the wireless disconnects, how about the wired connection on the WR844, is it still working? You may check this by plugging one computer to the LAN port on the WR844N to confirm.

Options
2021-03-04 12:45:03

@Kevin_Z 

As for the QoS real-time rate issue, can you please confirm again if there is a real-time rate/date when you watch a live on your phone or computer continuously to monitor again?

The QoS values does not "vary", it shows the speeds "frozen", i have to refresh the page to see the network use in just "that instant"...  for example, in the device #1 i am downloading something at 300 kBps, you enter and you can see the 300kBps in the download speed of that device, but when the device stops   the QoS remains saying the device is downloading something at 300kBps,  you have to refresh to see the values to 0 or something like that...  That is to say, the QoS works, but not in "real time" like it was working in the newest 1.4.3 firmware)

As for the disconnect issue on the latest 1.4.3 version, may I know how many devices are connected to the network? Are they all behaving the same at the same time, and you need to reboot the WR844N to restore the connection? What is the error message when they failed to connect back after disconnect from the network?

In my network (WR844n), x3 desktop pc by LAN, x3 wifi smartphones...  In the network from my neighbour(WR940n v6), suppose 4 or 5 devices. **Remember i'm connected to another network using the WISP function**. They has no problems with his network. The problem of random disconnection and the unable to autoreconnect WAS in the WR844n when it had the v1.4.3.   The "error message" is that there is internet no more and when you enter to web interface > Network Map  the "internet" logo shows in red. The 844n continues working, ir responds the connections by lan or wifi, the only problem is that it was unable to recconect to the 940n by itself  (i tested fixing an internet ip,  leaving in dhcp, nothing worked... Only the downgrade to the v1.4.2 solved that problem.

When the wireless disconnects, how about the wired connection on the WR844, is it still working? You may check this by plugging one computer to the LAN port on the WR844N to confirm.

The WR844n keeps working but disconnected from the neighbour network.  Devices  by LAN or WIFI they connected without problem..  To reestablish the internet connection i had to reboot the WR844n manually by the web interface or disconnecting from power then reconnecting again...

Options
2021-03-08 05:56:39

I've downloaded a much still older version (the 191129 from December 2019). The WISP connection works fine, does not disconnets, but the QoS "bug" persists.. i've not noted differences with the 2nd version (200413).

Tested again the newest version, with which it came from factory (200731), the QoS works fine, network usage values really shows in "real-time"....  but the problems of random disconnections with WISP came back..

Conclusion:  

-Firmwares 191129 & 200413:  bandwidth use values in QoS does not work properly

-Firmware 200731:  QoS bandwidth values shows fine, but WISP disconnects random and does not reconnect by itself

The TL-WR844n needs a new firmware 

Options
2021-03-15 05:59:27

@GeorKhawam 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-08-16 09:41:07

@GeorKhawam has the issue been solved yet. i just bought one 2 days ago and using it as an extender and facing the diconnection issue.

Options
2021-08-17 11:15:39

@zubayer 

Which firmware are you running on the WR844N? Ensure it is up-to-date.

Do you mean it is working as an extender that extends a wireless signal from another wireless router? What's the model of the main router? Is the 2.4G connection on that router stable? You can test this by connecting other devices to the 2.4G network of the main router and monitor.

It's suggested to change the wireless settings on the main router, such as channel and channel width to avoid interference with other networks. You can run a Wi-Fi analyzer to review the wireless channels, then choose one with less congested on the main router, reboot the WR844N to confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1423

Replies: 9