TL-WN722N V2 crashing continuously

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-19 21:49:02
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, recently I started having problems with the TL-WN722N USB wireless adapter. 

The adapter would "crash" under active usage such as surfing the web, playing online games, watching videos, etc... The green control light on the adapter would either stay continuously lit, or it would just turn itself off completely, after which I would have to either unplug the adapter and plug it in again, or sometimes even restart the PC to get it working again(well, untill it crashes again). Here is the weird part. At times where it does not connect to the internet after being plugged back in, the adapter would be succesfully recognized by Windows(the device is present in the device manager list of hardware). However, the network icon in the lower right part of the screen says that the device, in fact, is not connected. One thing to add is that there is yellow exclamation mark next to the adapter icon in the device manager, and the device status states the following: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Troubleshooting the device would sometimes return the driver error, which is not likely to be the cause, as I tried reinstalling, uninstalling and updating the drivers to older and newer versions(all downloaded from the official TP-Link website), unfortunately, with no results. What I also tried doing is installing other versions of Windows, but the issue persists(I am currently using Windows 8.1, installed Windows 7 as well). At that point, I suspected that the adapter itself may be faulty, so I got a new one(the exact same model), but the new adapter behaves exactly the same (and maybe even worse) as the old one. At one point I thought that the USB ports might not be working properly, but I tested them and they seem to be working fine. 

I don`t know what else to do, resetting my PC would be a last resort. Any help is appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN722N V2 crashing continuously
2021-02-23 02:17:51
Hello?? Can anyone help me?
Options
Re:TL-WN722N V2 crashing continuously
2021-03-01 06:50:53 - last edited 2021-03-01 06:51:25

@Payce  Hi, sorry for the late update.

For Error code 10 , please make sure your Windows system 7/ 8.1 version is up to date. 

Then install this manufacture public driver for TL-WN722N V2 manually and see if this helps:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202103/20210301/722v3_driverfiles.zip

Here is a guide to install driver manually:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/451/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 738

Replies: 2