Problems with Archer VR1210v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 11:17:56 - last edited 2021-03-07 12:03:44
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v6041.0 Build 201218 Rel.1689n

Hello,

Let's just start with saying that I had a few issues..

I'll start with the most annoying thing so far: random connections drops, it goes from dozens of time in 1 hour to days where it doesn't happen at all. I don't know why and how but seemingly at random this modem decides to drop the internet connection, and i'm not talking of WiFi, both on my phone and my PC (connected via cable) lose connection, I had it check multiple times from my ISP provider and they couldn't find any problem on the line whatsoever and honestly i never had it happen with my previous modems either.. The thing that i notice is that every single time it happens when i try to go the modem page it just take so long to even open to the login page that usually by the time i actually get in it's already back online. When i check the status and logs this is what i see:

Line Status: Connected

DSL Modulation Type: ADSL_2plus

Annex Type: Annex A/L/M

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 1175 19712
Max Rate (kbps) 1175 22540
SNR Margin (dB) 6.4 6.6
Line Attenuation (dB) 3.7 2.6
Errors (pkts) 0 0

(I do sometime see the Errors (pkts) have a value of between 2-6 on the downstream)

System Log :

ppp0 peer not responding

ppp0 lcp down

ppp0

I tried to look around about this logs messages but i couldn't find anything useful. If anyone could maybe enlighten me of what i'm doing wrong or what could be the problem that would be greatly appreciated..

Now the second "issue" that i have with this modem, for the life of me i couldn't find anything useful online to how to configure its QOS... The only thing i was able to find was its guide that is completely utterly useless where it doesn't explain a single thing. I have 3 submenu : Basic Settings, SP/WRR Settings and Flow Classification. Where i could somewhat make sense of the Basic Settings and SP/WRR Settings, this Flow Classification is absolutely completely nonsense to me.

Where when i choose an "Ingress Interface" only 1 direction is possible because the option is grayed out, how am i supposed to fill the fields:

• Source MAC Address: 
  • Source MAC Mask: 
  • Destination MAC Address: 
  • Destination MAC Mask: 
  • Source IP Address: 
  • Source IP Mask: 
  • Destination IP Address: 
  • Destination IP Mask: 
  • DSCP Check:
  • Protocol:

Is the source the device am i trying to apply the Queue or the modem itself? Since there are both the IP and MAC if i'm pointing at the modem what should i put? and for a device do i have to only fill the MAC address or the IP address or both? do i have to specify both destination and source? and the Mask, is it the default 255.255.255.0? And what is "Enable Policer" i couldn't find a single thing about it, could somebody take the time to explain te me how am i suppose to configure this and if it actually does something to begin with.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problems with Archer VR1210v-Solution
2021-03-07 12:03:02 - last edited 2021-03-07 12:07:07

Well if anyone find this thread and looks into this modem, beside unknown problems that also other people had that i found looking around without a resolution (maybe its not the modem fault, who knows i guess), this doesn't have QoS or any kind of info on how its settings work so make of that what you will and i will replace it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems with Archer VR1210v
2021-02-27 10:03:17

up

So nobody knows anything about this forsaken modem?

Options
Re:Problems with Archer VR1210v-Solution
2021-03-07 12:03:02 - last edited 2021-03-07 12:07:07

Well if anyone find this thread and looks into this modem, beside unknown problems that also other people had that i found looking around without a resolution (maybe its not the modem fault, who knows i guess), this doesn't have QoS or any kind of info on how its settings work so make of that what you will and i will replace it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 2

Related Articles