Performance Issue on multimedia only !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 16:44:40
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 44982

Hello Community

Some context 1st

I just acquired an E4R. Set up went OK, all working, connecting well, ... I have fiber at home with 100Mb/s. Before moving to E4R I used tp-Link Archer model which works perfectly well. The main WPS is connected to the Internet Router using RG45 cable. I tried configuring both as Router and Access point. Same behavior.

Now the issue

I have great performance with the main WPS, as per Speedtest. 90Mb/s. It is OK.

However, Images and Videos take for ever to download! In WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, ... on PC (WIndows 10, latest build, ...) and Phone (iOS, latest versions, ...). I feel like I need to activate an option that makes these photos and videos download slowly. 

Anyone have seen something like this?

Thank you

Nasser    

Options
3 Reply
Re:Performance Issue on multimedia only !
2021-02-22 10:05:47

@nkettani 

Hi

For the WPS, I suppose that you mean Deco E4?

Have you tried to turn off the Mesh technology on the mobile devices?

Or if trying to enable the QoS for the multimedia service, or the specific device, would that help?

And please also try to change the DNS server under the more>advanced>ipv4>dynamic IP>use the following DNS and please input 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-24 08:27:02

@TP-Link 

Hi and thank you

For the WPS, I suppose that you mean Deco E4?

nkettani> Yes. I mean Deco E4 device

Have you tried to turn off the Mesh technology on the mobile devices?

nkettani> Not sure how I do that

Or if trying to enable the QoS for the multimedia service, or the specific device, would that help?

nkettani> I am using the Mesh system as access point. It seems that NAT and QoS are desabled in this mode

And please also try to change the DNS server under the more>advanced>ipv4>dynamic IP>use the following DNS and please input 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4;

nkettani> Interesting. I don't have these IPV4 options under advanced

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-10-11 12:34:36

@nkettani 

Download this OGWhatsApp if you are unabale to download videos and images via official WhatsApp it will help you to fix this issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 3

Related Articles