Deco E4 Changing Signal Source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 21:46:11 - last edited 2021-02-21 21:48:48
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Been trying to change the signal source to another instead of the main source for better speeds.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4 Changing Signal Source
2021-02-22 10:08:58

@drrnong 

Hi, Currently, it is not supported manually changing the signal source.

The later firmware upgrade would improve the mechanism of selection of the uplink Deco;

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-11-25 01:06:51

@TP-Link 

Hello, I can see it has been a while since your reply. Could you, please, provide us with information when such update is going to be available? Many thanks in advance.

Options
2022-01-31 10:36:18

@honzamarek92 

I made a topic about that: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/528536?page=1

Here is what support says:

"The first reply on the forum from TP-Link is “I could not provide an answer to the ETA of the new firmware of Deco M9 plus and Deco MR.” This does not sound like a promise from our side."

and:

"We are sorry that you are not happy with your product. If Deco did not meet your expectations, you should have chosen another product. We did not claim that Deco is the best option for your network topology."

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1356

Replies: 3