P9 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
P9 issues
P9 issues
2021-02-21 22:51:58
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello

I am having problems with my newly bought P9 units (3 units)

I have setup as access point as I am with sky and there is no option for modem mode and having 2 routers would be more hassle than its worth!

Intermittently my units will drop out, the issues I have are phones that are connected to the devices (5GHz compatible) will show as connected but not respond until WiFi is turned off and on, on the devices.

Ping time will sometimes go extremely high and connection speed low, around 2mbs and 200ms for example. WiFi channels are relatively clear and typically we receive the higher end of our bandwidth most of the time (70-80mbs)

Alexa devices that are playing will cut out, this is more of an issue as we play sleep sounds for my children at night.

These things did not happen under a previous mesh setup so I am very sure it is not the ISP.

Firmware is up to date with the latest release.

All connected on the same electrical circuit for the powerline element.

Please help, thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:P9 issues
2021-02-23 09:38:13 - last edited 2021-02-23 09:47:22

@DNick 

Hi,

Could you please try to update the following firmware to see whether it improved or not:

Deco P9 V1/V2

Latest version: 1.1.3 20210115

Download Link:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210118/Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug.zip

how to update the firmware:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Documentation for upgrading Deco system.pdf

And if it is not working, please help me check the following information:

1. Please draw a picture of the network structure;
  2. Turn off the fast roaming, beamforming as well as the Mesh technology on the Deco APP;
  3. Please also check the IP address when the device is connected but no internet and ping the gateway as well;
  4. How about the dropping frequency of these mobile device

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:P9 issues
2021-02-23 10:01:08

@TP-Link 

Hello, thanks for getting back to me unfortunately the white noise through Alexa went off 3 times in the night waking my children each time which is an absolute deal breaker so they're going back.

I'm looking for a product that works first time without heavy config going forward..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 677

Replies: 2

Related Articles