deco x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deco x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
deco x60
deco x60
2021-02-22 07:40:02
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi i recently bought a DECO X60 i had 3 m9 before and i wanted to upgrade them

i have a 1gpbs internet connection at my home did a reset to the entire deco system

and installed the new x60 when im connecting the x60 the first one(main one) is doing ok and is giving me a speed of 600mbps

when im connecting the second deco x60 its speeds are much lower the the first one its speed isn't going above 100mbps and it a rang of 7 meters with no walls in between

when im connecting the third one in a range of 6 meters from the second one hes getting 10-15mbps and the network is very unstable and if im connecting the m9 to them 

the m9s is not getting anything

if im connecting just the m9 i get stable speed for all of the m9 units between 250-450

is there anything i did wrong is there a problem with the device itself?

thank you for your time

with kind regards

Niv

Options
6 Reply
Re:deco x60
2021-02-23 08:55:13

@nivBenda 

Hi,

Could you please draw a picture of your current floor map of each Deco?

---please also log into the web UI of the Deco X60 and save a picture of the network map;

As for the speed, could you please also help me test the internet speed from each Deco directly via Ethernet connection;

Then, there are some suggestions for you:

1. Remove QoS settings: Deco APP>>>QoS>>>(Set Application priority to Standard, Remove all high priority devices, set the Bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload and 1000Mbps download)
  2. Turn off the UPNP feature in the Deco app. ( If you can't find this feature in the Advanced menu, you may ignore this one. ) (Kindly note that some online games might not be able to connect after turning off UPNP on the Deco.)
  3. Download a Wi-Fi Analyzer Tool on your cellphone to check wireless channel interferences, crowded Wi-Fi channel will cause severe performance decrease.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-15 08:28:32

i tried to do all of this solutions wasn't helpful@TP-Link 

is there anything else?

i tried talking to my isp provider everything was ok and stable  change my router changed everything

what should i do now?

Options
2021-03-17 15:25:13

@nivBenda @TP-Link 

Hi im still waiting for your answer for the problem

kind regards,

Niv

Options
2021-03-18 07:44:16

@nivBenda 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

In this way, I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Could you please provide me a picture of the network topology about Deco X60 of their location and distance;

Please also try to log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net and save me a picture of the network map on the web interface;

If possible, could you please connect a computer via a cable to the 2nd satellite Deco and 3rd Deco to test the Ethernet speed as well?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-29 21:41:03

@TP-Link Yes I am having the same problem, I just purchased the system yesterday. I am 9 metres away with virtually line of sight to each unit, there is no objects in the line of signal between the three units. On the base unit I have 250Mbps down and 23.5 Mbps upload which is correct for my provider. But with the other 2 units I only get between 65 and 83 download and 14-16 upload. All three are only on wireless with the base connected to my Netgear Nighthawk D7800 which also has the correct speeds when using it as a stand alone wireless router.

There appears to be no wireless connection from the two satellite units as I can turn them off manually and get the same performance as if they were on to my computers in those areas. 

I bought this Deco setup at great expense and is performing no better than my original wifi netgear router in the other areas

TP-Link wrote

@nivBenda 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

In this way, I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Could you please provide me a picture of the network topology about Deco X60 of their location and distance;

Please also try to log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net and save me a picture of the network map on the web interface;

If possible, could you please connect a computer via a cable to the 2nd satellite Deco and 3rd Deco to test the Ethernet speed as well?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

. Please advise as soon as you can

Options
2021-04-30 03:41:46

@Woiim 

Hi, have you checked the linked Deco of the device on the Deco APP when you run the speedtest?

May I have a picture of the floor map about the location as well as the distance between the Deco units?

By the way, have you ever checked the Ethernet speed directly from the satellite Deco units?

Normally the 5ghz speed would be better than 2.4ghz, please turn off the 2.4ghz band temporarily and check whether the 5ghz speed is also slow next to the satellite Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1815

Replies: 6

Related Articles