Manually change WiFi channel on 2.4ghz on Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-22 09:15:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20200918 - Rel 74289

I would like to manually change the 2.4 ghz channel on my Deco M4 to remain on channel 8 (5 ghz not bothered about) 

I have a TP-Link power line adapter (TA-PL4010) model too and the WiFi on any 2.4 ghz channel other than channel 8 causes interference! I have tried moving away the powerline adapter and gone into the powerline adapter desktop utility to change settings, but no resolution.

Please help!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Manually change WiFi channel on 2.4ghz on Deco M4
2021-02-23 08:37:21

@PJUK 

Hi, I am sorry that Deco M4 did not support manually changing the channel yet.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-02-23 09:34:41

@TP-Link 

I have since found this information out and thank you for your response. 

The TP-LINK deco app also needs improvement to make it look better and also to add new features.. Will you be adding new features to app? 

Also will channel switching come soon? 

Will you also add more configuration options to the router like "Advanced" tab inside app and web interface?

Will web interface be more advanced and more options be added in the future to it for more advanced and power users?

Also when is the timescale for above? 

Thanks

Options
2021-03-16 11:08:12 - last edited 2021-03-16 11:10:06

@PJUK 

I actually find it incomprehensible that this question has actually been asked for 2 years (and maybe even longer).
What's the problem with adding the option for changing the channels (for both, 2.4 and 5GHz) to our configuration options?
I am a new user of the Deco M4 and am amazed to see that this customer question keeps recurring with almost all comparable models for such a long time now. The system is certainly a valuable addition to my network and internet speed at home, but I miss the fact that I have control over the channels myself. I interfere with many neighbors who also all have a Deco in the meantime ... and on the same channels :(
Bad case. TP-Link. And what to think about the customer experience?

Options
2021-09-29 17:16:24

@Herbs4Me 

Im new user aswell, its the end of sept 2021 and still NOTHING regarding channel change? Come on guys, do something with it, or at least make any kind of improvement to auto select best channel not to conflict with other external devices close to mine decos. 

Options
2021-10-21 06:16:31

@Matt82 I fully agree here.

My deco is stuck in 5Ghz channel where every others routers around are.

I ran the interference in deco labs and confirmed it was too busy. Advise: connect to another wifi. Seriously?

How can I not pick my wifi channel in 2021? If not then the system to choose channel automatically have to be better.

I will change my review on this product until it's fixed. What a waste of money

Options
2022-01-11 01:49:36
None of these Decos allow manual channel change. Nice platform with one of the stupidest features that does not work. Auto channeling... More like auto grouping.
Options
2022-01-12 13:45:12

We really do NEED this as an option.

This isn't a want.

My Deco's choose channel 6 even though every time we run the microwave it kills all 3 units signal.

It can't be that hard to put an override in the firmware so we can at least pick a channel that won't get walked all over by somethign else periodically.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 3428

Replies: 7