Deco E4 manual channel selection ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-23 13:13:02
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 44982

Hello there support

When do you plan to give us the choice to manually select the wifi channel according to our local needs ?

Its default on all routers and a.p's why not Deco E4 ?

Thank you.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco E4 manual channel selection ?
2021-02-25 06:49:39

@SpirosX 

Hi,

I am afraid there is no plan to support manually selecting the Wi-Fi channel.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-02-25 12:23:26

@TP-Link 

Very bad news for such a big company and brand.

Options
2021-12-19 02:18:15

@SpirosX 

Yes, since the Deco app itself confirms that the default channel is causing interference

Options
2021-12-19 13:08:53

@SpirosX 

I can see that i have other wifi networks on the same channel but with lower power/signal. 

Not having the option to change the wifi channel at least on 2.4ghz band is a very bad thing for such a model.

Options
2022-01-12 13:44:22

We really do NEED this as an option.

This isn't a want.

My Deco's choose channel 6 even though every time we run the microwave it kills all 3 units signal.

It can't be that hard to put an override in the firmware so we can at least pick a channel that won't get walked all over by somethign else periodically.

Options
2022-01-12 14:18:45 - last edited 2022-01-12 14:19:22

KrS wrote

We really do NEED this as an option. My Deco's choose channel 6 even though every time we run the microwave it kills all 3 units signal.

@KrS 

I can suggest workaround specific for your situation, and if it works - why not to use it for now?

Deco mesh can be forced to rescan WiFi environment and select channel in following cases: when running Network Optimization in Deco app if that option is available, and when rebooting all Deco units.

You'll see Network Optimization under More in Deco app if your app has it.

You'll have "Reboot All" if you touch Globe on the main deco screen and then touch tree dots symbol at the top right corner.

The workaround: start empty microwave at its longest duration, 10-15 minutes is possible. While microwave is running, through Deco app do "Network Optimization" or "Reboot All." During that activity, Deco will scan environment and if it decides channel 6 has too much interference it'll choose different channel.

As an example, my Deco mesh currently runs WiFi 2.4GHz on channel 8. I also used to see it pick channel 4.

Options
2022-01-12 14:44:18

@Alexandre. 

While I do appreciate the "workaround",  this has been an issue brought  to TP-Link, over 2 years ago, and it's been requested multiple times as well.

What happens when my power flashes and the Deco's reboot without the microwave going, we're back to square one.

Please, please, please, suggest this to the dev team and get it implemented so we can save our channel.  I trust my own network scanning and manual setup over an "auto" config anyday.

Options
2022-01-13 07:41:18

@KrS 

Hi, thank you for the feedback and please reach to your email box for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1401

Replies: 8