Gemeral Question about AC750 Archer MR200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-23 18:04:15 - last edited 2021-03-01 09:39:38
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! I have recently bought a TP-Link AC750 Archer MR200 that I will connect into my new modem. In the setup guide it says I need to insert a SIM-card into the unit.

My internet contract does not involve a SIM-card since my signal chain will be: "Wall - coaxial cable - modem - network cable - AC750 router".

Is this unit (AC750) only functional with a SIM-card, or can I use the unit without having to insert a SIM-card of some kind? 

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Gemeral Question about AC750 Archer MR200
2021-02-23 18:37:19 - last edited 2021-03-01 09:39:38

@Mr.Dreyfuss 

Hey

The MR200 is an LTE router, by that I mean its designed to share a 4G connection (cellular) with devices.  For that reason you need to insert a SIM card.

From what you have described this is sadly the wrong device for you.  If I understand you correctly you wish to add WiFi to a cable modem connection via a network cable?

If so you would need a Wireless Router similar to the Archer C6 or C7  -  Look for  device with a WAN port (blue) and 4x Lan ports (yellow).   You need the WAN port to connect to your cable modem and allow you share your internet connection.  LAN ports are for connecting other devices to get internet access (PC or Game Console for example).  

Sadly the MR200 is unlikely to be what you require, I would recommend returing this device if that is possible.  Hopefully the reseller will allow you to swop this device for a C6 or similiar.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 1