Deco M9 1.5.1 dropping internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 05:38:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20200126 rel. 59387

Hello

Since updating to the latest firmware version the other day I've been experiencing internet drop outs. Up until the firmware upgrade I hadn't noticed any but now it seems to be happening quite regularly. Has anyone else encountered this? And is there anyway to downgrade?

Thanks  

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M9 1.5.1 dropping internet
2021-02-25 05:42:15

@oztoddy 

Hi,

I am sorry that the firmware could not be downgraded.

Since I also received the same feedback from other users, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did all the Deco units have the instability issue, or just satellite Deco units?
  2. Would the Deco blink red when the connection dropped?
  3. How often does it happen?
  4. Would changing a different Deco as the main unit fix this issue, such as https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2400/

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-10 17:48:31

@TP-Link i also have the same issue. i got a 1 pack m9 plus and after updating the fw to 1.5.1, the wifi signal is continuously dropped. 

the led is still green but wifi continuously disappeared and my phone automatically switch to mobile data. even when the wifi appears again, it's not automatically connect because it's not stable.

Options
2021-03-11 02:27:26

@FS512 

Hi,

I noticed that there are 2* M4, 2*E4, 1*M9 plus under your TP-Link ID;

Did only M9 plus have this issue, and which Deco is the main Deco?

--By the way, May I know how you figured out only the M9 plus had this issue, not others?

If possible, could you please provide me a picture of the network topology of the Deco system?

Could you please also try to turn off the 5ghz, leave the 2.4ghz only and check again whether the wifi could continuously disappear?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-11 02:41:45

@TP-Link before i got this m9, from the modem, i use Ethernet to m4 then connect wireless to the other m4 and e4. everything work well. no issue at all.

Then i add the m9 and choose as main deco also no issue. after i update the m9 firmware from the deco app, the problem starts.

I have tried to delete the network and start from adding m9, m4, e4 but still the same. currently I'm back to only using m4 and e4. 

I also set the m9 only as a new network and connect it to another modem. the problem also the same. 

thanks 

Options
2021-03-11 06:59:18

@FS512 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

In this way, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Could you please still try to set the M9 plus only as a new network and connect it to another modem to test for a moment;

and Please help me check the following information when the wireless connection lost again:

1. Would the Ethernet connection get disconnected as well;

2. How many times would the connection get disconnected within one day?

3. Would the wireless connection restore automatically, or you need to reboot the Deco to have a look?

4. if possible, please log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net to save the system log for me;

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-11 14:27:25

@TP-Link please see my reply below. thanks

TP-Link wrote

@FS512 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

In this way, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Could you please still try to set the M9 plus only as a new network and connect it to another modem to test for a moment;

and Please help me check the following information when the wireless connection lost again:

1. Would the Ethernet connection get disconnected as well;

connecting my laptop via Ethernet works normal

2. How many times would the connection get disconnected within one day?

continuously

3. Would the wireless connection restore automatically, or you need to reboot the Deco to have a look?

no need to reboot the deco but need to manually select deco from the wifi list 

4. if possible, please log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net to save the system log for me;

sent via email.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-15 03:15:36

@TP-Link any update regarding this issue?

thanks

Options
2021-11-03 18:46:50

@oztoddy Did this get sorted out? I am condiering upgrading my firmware to1.5.1, but am worried by what I am reading.

Options
2021-11-03 22:55:13
Seems to work now. I did the setup again on my satellite deco and it seems to be fine now
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1078

Replies: 9

Related Articles