Internetspeed wifi off/on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-25 06:47:26
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have 3 DECO X20 recently. What I notice is, that if I do a wifi speed test now and then it turns out very slow.

However, if I switch off and on my wifi connection on my telephone, it will smoothly reach again the full speed of my abbo. The client is switching smoothly amongst the DECO's btw.

Anybody perhaps has any clue what the reason could be?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internetspeed wifi off/on
2021-02-26 06:29:08

@Handpol 

Hi, have you checked whether you are always connected to the same Deco before and after reconnecting to the Wi-Fi?

What are the model number and operating system of your device?

By the way, would other mobile clients behave the same?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-26 12:29:00 - last edited 2021-02-26 12:29:58

@Handpol 

I just found out the reason, apparently my telephone is set to the 2.4 ghz band instead of the 5 ghz on fast roaming (ie moving round the house to the various Deco's). However, if I switch on the wifi off/on manually the client is loaded onto the 5 ghz band and therefore meeting the full expected speed when doing a test in a 2nd attempt. Is there a way to influence to band setting?

Options
2021-02-26 14:13:07

@Handpol 

Disable 2.4GHz on Main Network. If you have devices that need 2.4GHz, connect them to Guest Network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 3