Deco m9 slow loading webpages even with fast dns servers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-25 10:58:39
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 build 20190926

Have my modem in bridge mode and the deco m9 plus set is set up in router modus.

Router is the dhcp server with primary dns 8.8.8.8 and secondary 4.4.4.4
Wan connection is set to Dynamic IP with the IP address from the internet provider.

I experience slow loading webpages. Even when I'm already on the site or have visited the site before the average loading time is about 5 seconds.

When I do a speed test my results are:

wireless: ping 16ms, download 250 mbps, upload 30 mbps

wired: ping 11 ms, download 510 mbps, upload 32 mbps

Has someone any ideas how to have the webpages load faster?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco m9 slow loading webpages even with fast dns servers
2021-02-26 06:23:06 - last edited 2021-02-26 08:25:45

@mharst 

Hi,

Did the same issue happen when the computer is connected to the ISP modem directly?

--please also check the DNS server settings on the computer at this moment since if the modem is ok, later we might need to use the same DNS settings on the Deco;

Please also try to clear the DNS caches/ browsing history on the computer to have a look?

By the way, did all the devices have the same issue?

PS: the firmware you added is quite old, now we already have 1.5.1 for the Deco M9 plus, and could you please also update the firmware first

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco m9 slow loading webpages even with fast dns servers
2021-02-26 13:50:35 - last edited 2021-02-26 14:22:34

@TP-Link 

When i try to connect directly to the ISP modem i get no connection (maybe because the modem is in bridge mode?)

I cleared browser cache and did flush the dns through ipconfig /flushdns

we experience the same issue on all wired connected devices

when I check on firmware updates in the app, i get the notification that everything is up to date.

I found out that i have to use the update tool and then flash the firmware. So now I'm on firmware version 1.5

but the issue still remains

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 2

Related Articles