Problems with PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems with PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problems with PS4
Problems with PS4
2021-02-25 14:58:38
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I bought the RE505X, because the the Wi-Fi wasn't strong enough to let me play online videogames on my PS4. Ever since I bought the extender, I've had some major problems with it. The device isn't very reliable; normally the download speed is around 90 mbps and send speed 7 mbps, but sometimes they just drop to miserable speeds or the extender straight up stops working. Usually, after an hour of reboots and quick setups, it continues working. FYI, the extender is about 7 m from the modemn and behind two thin walls. I've had it stop working 3 times in 2 weeks, two of these occurences also leaving my PS4 in a state where it can't connect to any Wi-Fis or eithernet connections for hours. Also, when the extender's connection quality light burns red, everything works. When blue, the thing I just explained happens. I am extremely dissappointed with the product, and don't know, if my device is broken, just bad quality or am I missing something. Has anyone else had any similar experiences and what should I do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems with PS4
2021-02-26 03:30:07

@Akkeman086 

Hi

Could you please connect the PS4 via Ethernet cable to the RE505X, then help me run the following test:

1. Check on the APP to test whether the current location is suitable;
  2. Would there be any error message when the PS4 failed to connect? Could you please check the IP address and gateway on the PS4?
  3. If possible, please log into the web UI of RE505X and save the system log as well as a  picture of the settings page;(please do not reboot the RE505X when saving the log)

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Problems with PS4
2021-02-26 09:43:59

@TP-Link 

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick response. The app has not really functioned, so I've used the browser version. For the time being, a power cycling of the modem has seemed to to fix the problem, but I will inform you If the same thing happens again. Also, since the reboot of the modem, the signal quality light problem has been seemingly fixed, and the connection is now good and the signal light blue. I'll be sure to run the test, if power cycling the modem won't do it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 2

Related Articles