Second Deco disconnects since FW update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-26 18:30:44
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1_210126

Hi,

Everything had been working perfectly for the past few months.

Today, I updated the FW of my two Decos to the latest FW, and since then the second Deco keeps on disconnecting, without being able to reconnect afterwards.

If I remove power and power it again, it connects for some time and then it happens again.

When it disconnects, all connected devices (by cable or WiFi) lose internet and stay that way because they are actually connected, only they have no access to internet because the Deco is disconnected from the main Deco...

I must add that the only thing I did was update the FW : I did not move the Deco or update anything else...

Thanks 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Second Deco disconnects since FW update
2021-03-01 06:20:09

@TheJuice 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you help me check the following information:

1. Would the satellite Deco units turn red when the connection lost?
  2. Could you please help me save the system log on the Deco when the internet lost again:

How to save a system log: On tplinkdeco.net website -> Advanced -> System -> System log -> select the category as ALL.

1. Would moving the satellite Deco much closer to the main Deco help or not?
  2. If possible, please change another Deco as the main Deco to see if that made any difference;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-01 11:25:39

@TP-Link 

Hi, thank you for replying.

Here is the info :

1. Would the satellite Deco units turn red when the connection lost?
    => The other day I believe it turned red, but right now it stayed green.

2. Could you please help me save the system log on the Deco when the internet lost again:
    => Please find attached the log. I can't tell you exactly when the connection got dropped, but you have all the log from before connecting the satellite to after it went bad.

3. Would moving the satellite Deco much closer to the main Deco help or not?
    => No, it is already quite close.

4. If possible, please change another Deco as the main Deco to see if that made any difference;
    => I'll try that and let you know.

Thanks.

File:
log-2021-03-01.logDownload
Options
2021-03-02 17:33:28

@TP-Link 

Hi, the last test I had to do was set the satellite Deco as the main Deco.

Just did that, and as I was expecting, connection was dropped after some time, led turned red, just the same as with the other Deco.

This confirms what we already knew : the problem is in the Firmware Update...

Options
2021-03-03 06:43:51

@TheJuice 

Thank you very much and I have made the notes and  forward your case to the senior engineers.

Hope the issue could be fixed soon.

Options
2021-03-03 19:17:18

@TheJuice 

Hi, I got the same problem when going to new firmware, I have been in contact with senior engineer and there is no fix yet.

The only one that is stable is the main, my satellite is down all the time, I can reboot them but they go down again so useless.

Regards Anders

Options
2021-03-03 19:55:15

@Andi411 Thanks for the update. Tomorrow I have a session with an engineer also, I guess he'll tell me the same thing... The only good solution would be to downgrade for now. Why isn't that possible? It is possible with so many other devices... 

Options
2021-03-04 18:10:27
Worried about updating firmware, so would be useful to have some feedback from engineer. Thanks.
Options
2021-03-04 19:05:33

@compmad1 I'd say don't update and wait for a new one. 

Keep faith, the engineers have been analysing my case for several hours today, and I believe the end of the tunnel should not be too far. 

Options
2021-03-05 14:37:21

@TheJuice Any information to share? BR Anders

Options
2021-03-05 15:41:34

@Andi411 As I said they were reproducing the problem on my Decos and analysing it for a good part of the day. They made some live changes and it's been working fine since then. As they were live changes, I cannot unpower the router or I'll lose them... So I need the new FW also, but I think they have what they need and can correct it. When, I cannot tell you...

Options