Deco P9 ping,jitter,unstable speed problem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-01 07:36:51
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hi everyone. 

I was using my P9 Deco until last weeks without problem.   I have fibre 100down 8mbit up. My broadband company router is tplink c7v. Normally I am turning off c7v wifi network I am just using deco wifi. For now I must use this wifi because of deco problem. so When I test this routers wifi, results are perfect. When I switch to Deco mesh wifi I am getting unstable wifi and ping jitter problems. I tried to turn off beamforming and other steps in the community. I reset 2 times my deco system but it didnt worked. Still high ping and jitter problem. 

Thanks for the replies.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 ping,jitter,unstable speed problem.
2021-03-01 07:58:58

@hugo20 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

Did the Deco work on the wireless router mode, right?

Have you tried to turn off the Mesh technology for the device to have a look?

If possible, please also try to update the following firmware to see whether it helped or not?

Download Link:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210118/Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug.zip

At the same time, I would also follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box later.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-01 08:17:10

@TP-Link 

Yes Deco is working on router mode.

I tried mesh turn off its not solved my problem.

I will try to update my firmware but I just found a solution when I am turning off 5ghz my connection getting normal. When I turn on 5ghz all messed up. I think problem is about 5ghz.

Options
2021-03-01 11:13:51
Now I updated P9 to 20210115 debug file. Still jitter and ping is unnacapteble when I turned on 2.4ghz and 5 ghz. When I turned off 5Ghz its better I can surf on the internet. When is 5Ghz only turned on I cannot make speedtest on ookla speedtest app.
Options
2021-03-10 11:51:50

I have a near identical problem.

Jitter / Ping spikes when connected to the mesh network on my P9s. Ping is around 30ms, but can spike up to 800+ms, every few minutes or so. Makes online gaming impossible. I have tried every combination of the settings. AP mode; Router mode (with original route in modem mode); 2.4GHz only; 5GHz only; both; Mesh on/off for the device in question; Fast roaming on/off; Beam forming on/off. No noticeable improvement.

The only "solution" I have found is to bypass the P9s, and connect directly to my ISP's router (P9s back in AP mode) via an old set of (TP) powerline adapters. With those I get pings of around 50ms, but little jitter, so at least they are consistent. But I don't get the speed that the p9s offer, which is otherwise excellent (and three times faster than using the powerline adapters).

Would be interested to see what resolutions are available, or if this is going to be a firmware fix?

Molf.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1466

Replies: 4

Related Articles