External antenna for C2300 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-01 18:21:06 - last edited 2021-03-02 05:36:09
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a C2300 router located in a metal building with poor wifi signal penetration outside of the building to an outdoor wireless camera. The Archer C 2300 router which has three antennas on the device.

I have purchased a Dual Band Wi-Fi mini omnidirectional 5 dBi wall mount outdoor antenna.

My question is does it matter which of the antennas on the unit I replace with the external antenna or do I just simply pick any one of them?

Options
1 Reply
Re:External antenna for C2300 router
2021-03-02 08:47:39

@Shadowmerchant 

To be honest, it is not recommended replacing only one antenna on the C2300 with an outdoor one, which may not help to improve the signal.

If the signal strength is not good enough, you may try to optimize the wireless settings on it first:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/468/.

Or you can add an extender to extend the wireless range.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 1

Related Articles