Minecraft server Isn't port forwarding as it should be...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 03:29:17
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I set up a port forward for my Minecraft server yet my friends cannot go in with the ip I give them. They keep getting errors like " io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception:connection refused: no further information: " and I have no idea why. I believe that the Archer c7 is not actually working since i deleted the virtual server and my server was still running for me so I have no idea what to do. 

P.S. I already checked my firewall settings to the point of turning them off to check and the error still persists.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Minecraft server Isn't port forwarding as it should be...
2021-03-03 03:46:48

@Skellzy 

May I have the WAN IP address on the C7? You may hide the last two digits for any security concerns. If the WAN IP address is a private one, you will need to enable the 25565 port on the frond-end modem/router as well for the C7.

If the WAN IP address is a public one, try to turn off the IGMP Proxy on the C7, and see what it does.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-03 03:50:17

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, Thank you for replying to my post. I want to ask where can I find the WAN IP address, I also dont know how to check if its private or public. If you would be so kind to give me a brief explanation I can keep going from there.

Thank you once again.

Options
2021-03-03 05:41:11

@Skellzy 

You can check the WAN IP address here under Advanced -> Internet page:

You can review your Internet IP address as per the article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-04 21:45:05

@Kevin_Z 

This is what i have.

Options
2021-03-05 01:59:55

@Skellzy 

The WAN IP address you got on the Archer C7 is a private one, you need to open the corresponding port on the front-end modem for the Archer C7, then it should be ok. You can try to contact the modem support, or search on their official resources to check how to open ports on it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 839

Replies: 5

Related Articles