2.4Ghz not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.4Ghz not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2.4Ghz not working
2.4Ghz not working
2021-03-03 09:25:44
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I switch of my 5Ghz in order to connect a smart switch that is only enabled for 2.4GHz, then nothing wants to connect to the WiFi anymore until I switch the 5Ghz back on.

Options
3 Reply
Re:2.4Ghz not working
2021-03-03 12:37:44

@MVDM 

Here is workaround.

Configure Guest Network to run on 2.4GHz only and connect smart switch to Guest network SSID. 

For best performance, configure Main Network to run on 5GHz only, if you have good 5GHz coverage everywhere.

This is how I run my Deco mesh.

Options
2021-03-03 19:45:19

@Alexandre.  This is a great IDea, will definitely impliment it. Also whenever I switch of either 2.4 or 5Ghz on Main or Guest network, my disconnects and for  a long time it says internet not availabel on that network, My computer and other devices is abel connect however. Is this normal?

Options
2021-03-04 03:48:37

@MVDM 

Hi,

I am a little confused and did you mean that, whenever either 2.4 or 5Ghz  was switched off on Main or Guest network, the mobile devices were able to connect the Wi-Fi  but no internet service for a long time?

--if yes, how about the LED lights on the Deco units?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 3

Related Articles