DECO SMART HOME M9 PLUS AC2200 : Constantly one of the Deco blinking RED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-04 21:05:24 - last edited 2021-03-04 21:23:32
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 20200921 rel : 42500

Dear Team ,

Just a week back i purchased DECO M9 PLUS AC 2200 Wifi Kit and installed 

below is my setup : interner provider -->  Internet Router --> Deco Main (Ethernet Wired) --> 1st Deco ( Ethenet Cable) + 2nd Deco ( Ethernet Cable) 

All the 3 Ethernet Cables are connected to Internet Router and moved to respectice floors and where these cables are connected to DECO's 

All my devices are connected to Decos 

since two  days the 2nd  Deco very frequently blinking RED  

I tried unplug the Router and then unplug all the Decos and after 5 min ..switch on the Router and Decos .. Then all the decos are working but after somtime the 2nd  DECO falls apart ( showing RED) 

I tested the Ethernet cable but it is working ( Internet is coming ) but when plugged into DECO it is still RED 

Could you please let me know what could be the problem and how can this ve tested / rectified ?

Thanks

Kiran 

Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO SMART HOME M9 PLUS AC2200 : Constantly one of the Deco blinking RED
2021-03-05 01:49:48

@Kiran_Mandarapu 

Hi,

May I know the working mode of the Deco m9 plus, access point I guess?

Just to confirm, all the 3 Decos are connected to the router directly via Ethernet cables, no switch in between, right?

Is it always the 2nd satellite Deco that kept blinking red?

---if yes, could you please swap the location with another satellite Deco to see if the instability issue followed the Deco or the location?

By the way, what is the model number of your internet router?

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:DECO SMART HOME M9 PLUS AC2200 : Constantly one of the Deco blinking RED
2021-03-05 08:13:06

@TP-Link 

Thanks for your Reply 

I just checked the Mode and it is showing me as Router Mode ( Default) ..I think i have to change this to Access Point 

Yes all the 3 decos are plugged with a Ethernet cable and these are plugged into Router 

I use Netgear (R7000) Nightawk which i purchased in 2016

Its always only the 2nd Deco which is causing this problem .. I tried moving to other place ( First floor / Ground Floor) but its always RED

Thanks

Kiran 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles