Decos M5s all green, but constant dropping of internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 08:03:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi,

For about five months, I loved the M5 set-up around the house, but for the last month or two it's become completely unreliable.

On a daily basis, I lose internet provision from the Decos, despite the main ISP router and a secondary VPN router all working perfectly fine. Despite all the lights on all the Decos (three of them) being constantly green, the internet drops out regularly. I restart it several times a day, which fixes it temporarily, but not for long. The Deco is connected to the main ISP router by ethernet cable.

I have switched the Decos around, using different ones for the main point. I have deleted the original network I set up and created a new one, but the same issues persist, and it's driving me mad!

If it were a sporadic issue, I could live with it, but it's at the point now when I'm considering dumping it altogether, despite paying out 200 euros for the system less than a year ago. 
Please help, this is not good enough and, judging by the number of similar complaints online, mine is by no means an isolated issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Decos M5s all green, but constant dropping of internet
2021-03-08 12:00:38

@Earplugs 

Hi, 

Have you tried to update the Deco to the latest firmware 1.5.3 to have a look?

And did the Deco work on the wireless router mode or access point mode?

Have you tested whether the Ethernet connection would drop out as well?

--If possible, please turn off the 2.4ghz on the main network, and enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only with a different SSID to check whether both 2.4ghz and 5ghz have the same issue;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 1