TP-Link WR844N Range Extender Not working when Address Reservation is set

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 14:25:11 - last edited 2021-03-07 13:08:03
Model: Archer C24  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 200723 Rel.71714n(4555)

Hello All.

Need your assistance in this issue. 

i have two routers at my home the main router connected on the ISP is the Archer C24 and TL-WR844N for a Range Extender. 

I'm Having an issue when i configured a DHCP Address Reservation in the range extender(TL-WR844N) the Mobile says "Connected without internet"

but when i tried removing the DHCP Address Reservation on the range extender it connects properly. 

Does Anyone experienced this issue and found a way to resolve it ? 

The reason why i needed the DHCP Address Reservation is to have access to my other IoT Devices when i'm connected on the main router. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link WR844N Range Extender Not working when Address Reservation is set
2021-03-08 08:44:37

@ed-ph 

When the device is connected to the range extender, it should be able to access or communicate with those connected to the main network, there is no need to do DHCP address reservation for them. Please check and ensure the devices connected to the range extender are in the same IP subnet of the main, you may try to choose a static IP address on the range extender Internet > LAN page, which should be in the same IP subnet of the main, then confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 1

Related Articles