How can I tell if the Deco P9s are using Powerline to connect to each other?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 16:09:44
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

All in the title really. I'd like to know if the Powerline connection is actually being used between my P9s in preference to Wi-Fi connections. No obvious info via the Deco app.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I tell if the Deco P9s are using Powerline to connect to each other?
2021-03-08 10:13:32

@ClickerTicker 

Hi, please click the middle internet icon and choose one of the satellite Deco units and look for the signal source;

If the power-line backhaul is working fine, the signal source would be PLC/2.4ghz and 5ghz;

For more details, please refer to this link to have a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2401/

Thank you very much

Options
Re:How can I tell if the Deco P9s are using Powerline to connect to each other?
2021-03-08 13:53:12 - last edited 2021-03-09 09:26:19

That's great I thought there must be more info available. It wasn't obvious that you could click on the Internet "Globe" symbol for more info. Easy now I know what it does. Thanks for the info

Update: Now I can see the connections, I've determined that neither of my slave P9s were using Powerline to the base unit, but were between each other. I suddenly realised that I'd plugged the base unit power into my UPS - obviously the Powerline signal wasn't getting through that to the rest of the house. Have re-plugged my base P9 directly into a mains socket and now all three P9s are using Powerline.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 2