TP-Link DDNS registration not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 16:47:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel 75286

I configured TP-Link DDNS when I bought the set. It has worked for a while, but now I cannot seem to get it to work again. I have switched it off and on again and even registered a different name. I also rebooted all my devices, but nothing seems to work. I have created a DNS record at ddns.net to check if Port Forwarding works using a different Dynamic DNS service. After creating the DNS record it works immediately. Port Forwarding also works using my WAN IP-address. I have waited for several hours now, but my TPLINKDNS.COM record still does not work...

Options
9 Reply
Re:TP-Link DDNS registration not working
2021-03-08 09:44:46

@TwoSeasons 

Hi, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information

1. Were you able to log into the web UI via TP-Link DDNS?
  2. Port forwarding works great via the WAN IP+ port  number but not via DDNS+ port number, right?
  3. Could you please try to use the nslookup TP-Link DDNS to see whether the resolved address is the WAN IP address of the Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-08 15:14:23

@TP-Link 

Answers to your questions:

Question 1 - Were you able to log into the web UI via TP-Link DDNS?:

There is a Web UI for my Deco Router(s)? I Always use the TP-Link DECO App to configure my Router(s). I can still access my Deco's from my mobile phone via WiFi or 4G (Mobile Network)

Question 2 - Port forwarding works great via the WAN IP+ port  number but not via DDNS+ port number, right?:

That is correct. When I use my WAN IP-address with configured port number (e.g. 83.xxx.yyy.zzz:3389), I am able to access devices on my internal network. I am uable to access my devices using DDNS name with configured port number (e.g. ddnsname.tplinkdns.com:3389).

Question 3 - Could you please try to use the nslookup TP-Link DDNS to see whether the resolved address is the WAN IP address of the Deco?:

Screenshot below, commandprompt dialog. First test "nslookup tp-link.com". Second test "ddnsname.tplinkdns.com":

Options
2021-03-09 01:31:46

@TwoSeasons 

Hi, Thank you very much, and have you tried to change the DNS server on the WAN side to have a look;

Please go to More>Advanced>IPV4>Dynamic IP(the internet connection type)>use the following DNS and input 8.8.8.8;

At the same time, I would forward your case to the senior engineers in case there is any further issue.

Thanks!

Options
2021-03-09 10:27:40

@TP-Link Thank you for your quick response.

I will test the DNS Addres 8.8.8.8 later this day, because my daughter is actively using the network for school. I will send you the results as soon as possible.

Extra Information: Last Fridaty I created a HostName at noip.com (e.g. ddnsname.ddns.net) with my current WAN IP-address, to test if IP Forwarding works, using an external service. I have used this service before with my previous router (TP-LINK Archer C7). After I had created the HostName, it worked immediately (and still does, until my ISP assigns me a new WAN IP-Address and I will have to edit the HostName manually, as I have no Dynamic Update Client in place).

Options
2021-03-10 07:20:30

@TP-Link 

Hi, I changed my Primary DNS ("Advanced | IPv4 | Internet Connection Type | Obtain DNS Automatically") to the specified IP-Address 8.8.8.8. After I changed the IP-Address of the Primary DNS I was able to connect a device on my internal network from my mobile phone using ddnsname.tplinkdns.com (4G or WiFi).

I also performed a "tracert" of the IP-Address 8.8.8.8 to find out who is behind that address (dns.google). It seems their DNS records are updated with my tplinkdns.com hostname, but my ISP's (primary 62.45.71.102 or secondary 62.45.70.117) is not...

Options
2021-03-10 09:10:42

@TwoSeasons 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind update.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Options
2021-03-10 11:04:31

@TP-Link Yes, ofcourse. My ISP is Caiway (Fiber) https://www.caiway.nl.

Options
2022-01-07 16:10:23

Hi - I have my MR600 as router modem and AX6000 as router below it. Both of their DDNS not working. I used TP-link. both of their firmaware are updated. Any help?

Garry

Options
2022-01-11 03:28:19

@garry.obog 

Hi. For the 3G/4G modem, there would be a little different.

I would suggest having a look at this link:

Port forwarding/DDNS issues on LTE Gateway Routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9812

Replies: 9

Related Articles