Powerline flashing, high pitch noise and disconnecting every 8 seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-07 11:15:11
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

Powerline av600 has stopped working. Led flashing in sequence with top two lit all the time, every 8 seconds the 3rd light comes on and the connection is up for 2 seconds. There is also a high pitched noise which I didn't notice before. I have another similar powerline working fine with 4 lights on. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline flashing, high pitch noise and disconnecting every 8 seconds
2021-03-07 19:20:24
It's probably dying from Bad Capacitor Disease. The highnpitch noise is a typical symptom, and so is the frequent rebooting. Note that this is a power circuit failure, and as such a serious fire hazard. Disconnect and either return if under warranty, or throw out if past that.
Options
2021-03-07 20:02:46

@PeterM. Many thanks. This is about 2 years old so I guess out of warranty 

Options
2021-03-08 16:52:56
If it's about 2 years old it may be "about" in the warranty window. Dig up your receipt and give it a try.
Options
2022-01-10 21:07:20

I have the same problem with the powerline flashing and a high pitched sound. My powerline kit has a 3 year warrenty on it and it is about 2 years and 9months into the warrenty.

I contacted the hot line support which is in America and was given the runaround, after several email to and fro it was decided I should be directed to the UK RMS Department which asked me to send the defective unit to them. They eventuly sent out to me a full replacement kit, but this had the same problem as my original unit, after emailing the RMS Manager I was told a kit will be sent out the following day, that was 4 working days ago with a weekend in between and no sign of it yet.

Without going into all the details I feel this company has no regard for their customers when they have problems with the products.

This complaint has now been going on for over a month and i have been without internet during that time.  

Has anyone else had issues with the customer service?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4688

Replies: 4