Connect secondary deco to router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-08 08:19:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

i have primary deco unit connected to my router,

I wish to connect to very far room ethernet cable from the router to second deco unit so this deco unit will get the internet source not from near by deco unit but ditectly from the router, is this possible? since I don't see any option to configre the second unit this way

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connect secondary deco to router?
2021-03-08 08:40:04

@Shay972 

Hi, it Is ok to connect another Deco to the main router;

And you might need to set up all the units first according to the configuration guide on the APP.

Then switch the operation mode on the Deco APP from the wireless router to the access point;

Finally, connect the satellite Deco nodes via cable to the ISP router;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-08 08:47:57

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your reply

just to clarify

currently I am using operating mode: Access point

Main deco is connected to the ISP router,

you say I can add another deco unit and connect the ethernet port also to the ISP router, and it will get the "signal source" from ISP router

since when I am looking now in the app on second deco, it is saying signal source <Main deco name>, and I don't see option to switch it.

Options
2021-03-08 14:51:29 - last edited 2021-03-08 15:05:29

@Shay972 

I run Deco mesh in Access Point mode. My Main Deco is named "Living Room."

My Satellite Deco M5 when connected by WiFi:

Same Satellite Deco M5 when connected by Ethernet cable to ISP router:

This is what you should expect to see. As long as it says "Ethernet," you have Satellite Deco M5 using wired connection for communication with Main Deco and for network traffic.

Options
2021-03-08 14:55:05

@Alexandre. 

Nice, Thanks - I will check the cable to the ISP router

Options
2022-01-03 22:03:09

@Alexandre. 

Thanks, I currently have my Deco P9 connected as access point to the switch, the A/C connectivity didn´t work in my house, so the mesh is wifi and my office is far away, so I get typically some 80 MB versus the 200 MB the rest of the house enjoys. I am thinking about connecting via wire all the Decos to get true full bandwidht in all, reading this thread seems to be no issue by doing so.

Thanks again

Options