Android Phone Cannot Connect to RE305

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-08 12:36:56
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20200826 Rel. 66098

I've already set up the RE305 with my host router and all gadgets seems to have connected easily. Except for a couple of devices running Android.

• Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro - Running MIUI 12 on Android 9
  • Poco M3 - Running MIUI 12 on Android 10

Both devices are stuck in IP Configuration loop and often ends in a IP Configuration failure.

I have already tried the following -

• Renaming devices and changing passwords (for all SSIDs and Frequencies)
  • Assigning static IP for all devices
  • Renaming phone name
  • Resetting network settings
  • Assigning static frequency channels

Any leads would help thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Android Phone Cannot Connect to RE305
2021-03-10 13:56:35

@JM_O Good day, 

Please check if Wi-Fi router has any Access control/ Whitelist or Blacklist/ MAC filtering or any advanced settings that could affect certain Wi-Fi clients, if so,  please turn them off .

May I know did you do some special settings on range extender, for example: configure static IP for RE or change some DHCP settings on RE? 

If possible, please reset RE and reinstall it  and set up  a different SSID for range extender. 

Please let us know the network topology if issue not resolved,for example:Router Model XX)))((( RE305 (range extender mode) , thank you

Options
2021-03-11 10:39:36

@Solla-topee 

Hi!

Upon checking, there is no listed MAC filtering, access control white list or blacklist, as everything is set to default. There were no special settings done on the range extender as it was reset a couple of times already.

My host router is an ISP-provided unit, which is Prolink PRS1841.

Options
2021-03-13 12:40:17

@Solla-topee 

Only my laptop (Macbook Pro) can connect to the RE305. But every time I restart my computer, it fails to configure and connect. In the end, no device can cannot connect to the extender.

Options
2021-03-13 13:13:35

@Solla-topee 

I always end up with this message. It could never assign an IP Address. Since purchase, there were no alterations of any kind were done with the host router or the extender. Everything is set to default.

Options
2021-03-16 08:27:36

@JM_O Hi, 

Thank you for your reply, you could try to turn off IPv6 settings on Hotspot router and see if Android device could obtain IP address or not. 

As the issue is a bit special, we'd like to follow up your case via email  subject “ Forum ID 256289”  and escalate your case, please check your inbox, thank you  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 5

Related Articles