Wifi range extender stops connecting to my wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-09 20:36:42 - last edited 2021-03-10 23:41:05
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

My model is TL-WA850RE

Roughly a month ago I bought this range extender to plug ethernet into it because my wifi adapter wasn't very good, had really bad ping. It was working fine until at some point it stopped connecting to my internet, like it completely forgot it. I tried resetting it to factory settings and re-configuring it but it just wouldnt detect my internet. I tried doing it via WPS and it didnt work, and when I used the tether my app my wifi wasn't on the list, and adding it manually did nothing either. I heard that maybe I might need to mess with the mac filtering on my router's website, which I'm not sure what exactly does but it shouldn't be the problem since I never messed around with it before (I have tried to solve it this way however but I didn't really know what I was doing).

Sorry if I didn't make things very clear but I don't want to replace this because I don't know if that would actually fix anything because it could just be something with my wifi

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi range extender stops connecting to my wifi-Solution
2021-03-10 12:33:26 - last edited 2021-03-10 23:41:05

@arstar2b  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed description. When you install extender, did range extender see your neighbour’s Wi-Fi?  If extender was able to see other Wi-Fi but only could not find your House wifi, please try a different Wi-Fi channel on Router, Router channel should be on 1-11, you could try channel 1/6/11. 

You could also try new SSID/ Wifi name for router and see if range extender could find it.  

here is troubleshooting FAQ that may help: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2608/

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi range extender stops connecting to my wifi-Solution
2021-03-10 12:33:26 - last edited 2021-03-10 23:41:05

@arstar2b  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed description. When you install extender, did range extender see your neighbour’s Wi-Fi?  If extender was able to see other Wi-Fi but only could not find your House wifi, please try a different Wi-Fi channel on Router, Router channel should be on 1-11, you could try channel 1/6/11. 

You could also try new SSID/ Wifi name for router and see if range extender could find it.  

here is troubleshooting FAQ that may help: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2608/

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wifi range extender stops connecting to my wifi
2021-03-10 16:47:38

@Solla-topee Thank you for the help! I opened my router's page to change the channel and then realised my 2.4ghz wifi was for some reason off so I turned it back on and changed it to channel 1. Didn't really know why it was off, it means that someone probably turned it off whilst I had the extender or maybe it did itself, who knows. Thanks again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 2

Related Articles