Deco M4 and RE300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 and RE300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 and RE300
Deco M4 and RE300
2021-03-10 08:06:04 - last edited 2021-07-29 05:49:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have a problem, I hope you could help me.

First I had a regular WiFi router from my internet provider. Then I added an extender RE300. Then I decided to built an OneMesh network, that's why I bought Deco M4 - I expected I can connect Deco M4 to RE300. I know this manual https://www.tp-link.com/cz/support/faq/2506/. Unfortunately it doesn't work. When I get to point 5 I don't see a network with symbol OneMesh. Deco M4 works like router. Could you tell me where I have made a mistake, please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 and RE300-Solution
2021-03-10 09:38:53 - last edited 2021-07-29 05:49:57

@tomascz 

Hi, the Deco Whole Mesh system is not the same as the OneMesh system and they could not be used to create a seamless mesh together;

In other words, Deco is not OneMesh compatible router model;

For more details, please refer to this link to have a look:

TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

And I used to receive the same inquiry from other users and I am a little curious whether there are some confused advertising details that might give customers the incorrect impression;

If yes, can I have some links or pictures?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and RE300-Solution
2021-03-10 09:38:53 - last edited 2021-07-29 05:49:57

@tomascz 

Hi, the Deco Whole Mesh system is not the same as the OneMesh system and they could not be used to create a seamless mesh together;

In other words, Deco is not OneMesh compatible router model;

For more details, please refer to this link to have a look:

TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

And I used to receive the same inquiry from other users and I am a little curious whether there are some confused advertising details that might give customers the incorrect impression;

If yes, can I have some links or pictures?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M4 and RE300
2021-03-10 11:46:51

Hello @TP-Link Thank you for your answer. Although I am not happy...

Both names are for me very similar and mistakable. Names of these systems aren't felicitous.

Moreover RE300 looks like Deco M3W.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/deco-m3/

https://www.tp-link.com/cz/home-networking/range-extender/re300/

They are from the same company...

Then you can ask yourself why they aren't compatible...?

Options
2021-03-11 11:24:08

@tomascz 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I would be glad to report this feedback to the related department for further improvement in case there are more confusions;

Currently, please feel free to replace the RE300 with Deco M3W to extend the Deco Mesh system;

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Options
2021-07-06 13:16:28

@tomascz 

Hello Tp-Link, I have a similar problem. I recently bought a Deco P9 system in the hope I can create a mesh network additionally with my RE300. On your website both products where advertised as mesh system. As a customer it looks like both are the same. Same manufactory ... same mesh system.  In my opinion this is misleading the customers. 

Why are they both not compatible? It is only due to the firmware. So why don´t update RE300 or other "onemesh" devices and make it compatible?

Anyways, if not: highlight it on your website, that these are two different systems and that they are not compatible with each other.

"Please feel free to replace my RE300 with Deco M3W" - I bought it 5-6 month ago, so I can´t give it back without a specific reason.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1366

Replies: 4

Related Articles