Archer C80 cannot be disabled INFORM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C80 cannot be disabled INFORM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Archer C80 cannot be disabled INFORM
2021-03-17 01:45:55

@Vedia 

No worries, we will update the user manual ASAP.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-18 21:03:13

@Vedia 

Did support tell You, when the new firmware will be available?

Options
2021-03-18 22:40:06

@Vedia 

No they haven't told me. And frankly I'm not sure they're going to do it. I still have not been able to get them to respond to me why when you disable Inform it asks for a URL so I don't have much hope that they will change it. They have also promised me a beta that eliminates CWMP.

I asked them if it will remove or mask CWMP  and they replied that the firm beta will remove it.

We will see when it arrives.

Options
2021-03-23 15:15:36

@Vedia 

Yesterday I received from TP-Link the beta firmware that removes the cwmp setting.

Everything seems to work fine.

They have suggested me that the firmware is for my use only so I can't share it.

It is very possible that in a next update this option will be officially released but I cannot confirm it.

Options
2021-03-23 18:52:28

@Vedia 

How can You be sure that inform and cwmp are actually removed from code, and not just from GUI?

And this "do not share" is strange behavior? Maybe they added some extra spy stuff for You only? :)

Options
2021-03-23 19:26:18

@ksuuk 

Well I have no way to know it. Not even in the original. 

I asked if I could share the firmware because it was likely that you asked me about it, but they told me: 

"We suggest you use it only"

I do not have the level of knowledge to determine it, but I do not believe in conspiracy theories when the same product is sold in the USA with the same original firmware that it had until a few hours ago.

Nor would I have to use W10 then or a cell phone.

I'll see what happens in the next firmware when it comes out.

Options
2021-03-24 14:27:03

@Vedia 

Ask support and they answered me: Yes, it has removed from the source code.

Theme fixed for me

Options
2021-03-24 17:18:54

@Vedia 

Hopefully it is so.

However sometimes they just hide options in GUI, like they did with SIP ALG - Archer C80 guide to show and disable hidden SIP ALG option.

Options
2021-03-24 17:32:21 - last edited 2021-03-24 17:33:34

@Vedia 

Yeah that's right.

But I have an official email from TP-Link where it tells me that it has been removed from the code.

If I can't trust an official email then I should change the router and not buy anything brand tp-link.

Anyway, in the original firmware of the router, the first of all, this option wasn't, I don't know if it was hidden.

They even proposed to me to downgrade the firmware but must be done in recovery mode because the last firmware has upgrade limitation.

It did not seem like an adequate solution so they sent me a beta that does practically the same thing.

I think the final answer will be in the next official firmware.

Options
2021-03-30 17:06:59

@Vedia 

BTW, what is the new firmware version, date, release, build?

Options
Related Articles