Incompatibility with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Very slow Wifi performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 14:07:35
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi team,

My internet connection is 1Gpbs and i use a Deco X20 has my main router, replacing the operator's one.

The Deco itself does the speedtest and it gives between 800-900Mpbs.

My devices (that are all non-WiFi6) normally have a speed around 400Mbps (iOS, Android, Windows).

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 with WiFi6. To my surprise, the WiFi performance is very bad with the X20, not going above 60Mbps. I tried, formatting it, re-adding the WiFi network, disable QoS on the X20, always with the same result, 60Mbps. I can't enable/disable uPNP because it's not available on the firmware (by the way the X20 is much worse than the M5).

I tested the Tab on the operator's router and the speeds reach 400Mbps (It's not WiFi6), so this means there is something wrong with the Deco X20 -> Tab S7 connection.

The Tab S7 is the SM-T870 and has Android 11.

Can you please help?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Incompatibility with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Very slow Wifi performance
2021-03-12 02:05:03

@hxberto 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Could you please help me check on the Deco App: which Deco the Samsung tab is connected and on which band?

Have you checked the current link speed on the Samsung tab?

And can I have a  picture of the speed test result on the Samsung tab as well?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-12 09:12:34

@TP-Link 

I'm connected in the 5Ghz frequency. The connection on the Tab show up 1.2Gbps. But the test speed does not pass 60Mbps. I tested in the Deco Lab App, same result. But again, if you test the internet speed, on the Deco App...900Mbps. I have 3 Decos X20's, and it's the same in all. I also restarted all of them.

Options
2021-03-15 08:48:45 - last edited 2021-03-15 08:49:54

@hxberto Jus some more information. 

If i disable the 2.4Ghz, i can sometimes reach 300Mbps (still very far from my maximum speed available), so this looks like some problem with Mesh routing/connection/driver. 

In Samsung forums there are more examples like mine (Galaxy Tab S7+ also) even with the Deco X60.

Options
2021-03-16 10:02:01

@hxberto 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

For your case,  I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers, and please have a check of your email box.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-16 10:40:39

@TP-Link 

Already replied to the email. I'll now wait for your feedback.

Options
2021-04-05 13:53:02 - last edited 2021-04-05 13:55:20

@hxberto 

Just to let everyone know, after several sessions with an engineer, tests on my internal network and devices, no solution was presented except (problem with your ISP and netwok cards).

Ridiculous. It was proven by iPerf3, that there is no problem on the internal network, wither WLAN and LAN. 

I have replaced the Deco X20 with a Asus XT8, and 0 problems. Fast, reliable and guess what? On My Tab S7...i've reached 700Mbps several times. Even the LAN performance increased. The Deco X20 has a problem and also can't handle stress (4 pc's + 4 smartphones + 3 tablets + IoT).

Will sell all tp-link devices as i am very disappointed.

Options
2022-01-09 19:30:00

@hxberto Nearly a year later, I have the exact same problem.  I have 1Gbps AT&T fiber and all of my other devices which support Wifi 5 or Wifi 6, including the Galaxy S20+ and S21+, are able to reach 400-500mbps speedtest while on Wifi.  There is clearly a compatibility problem between Tab S7+ and Wifi 6 mesh systems.  You'd think that an issue as severe as this would get more attention considering we're talking about a prominent Samsung Tablet and TP Link networking devices.  Really disappointing that there's still no solution.

Options
2022-01-10 08:28:32

@rollthedice 

Hi, could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. How much speed you could get on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 when connected to the main Deco? And how about the link speed on the tablet?

2. Would turning off the 2.4ghz on the Deco improve the speed a little bit?

3. Please also turn off the Mesh technology on the Deco APP.

Thank you very much.

(Please leave me a message once you have sent the email.)

Options
2022-01-10 20:36:30

@TP-Link 

Hi, 

I just sent an email to the support.forum@tp-link.com email address.  Thanks for taking a look.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 3210

Replies: 9