Deco x60 latest firmware reset LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 15:24:59
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Updated to the latest firmware this morning - after reboot the ip range of the Deco was reset from 10.0.0.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24 - Several of my hardware devices are hard coded with the IP set. I can't seem to change the IP of the LAN in the app - When I hit "Save" to change it to 10.0.0.254 it says "Failed to save your settings. Try again later."

Short of a factory reset - what can I do??

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco x60 latest firmware reset LAN
2021-03-12 01:54:25

@TP1964 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Did this issue start just after the firmware upgrade?

For your case, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Could you please send me a picture of the IPv4 page  and the LAN IP settings page on the Deco APP, 

2. Please also leave me a picture when you failed to change the IP address;

3. Please go to the settings on the top left>help>Contact US> suggestions>add the system log and send to us;

It might be caused by the IP conflict between the WAN DNS as well as the LAN DNS and LAN subnet mask;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-12 02:03:07

@TP-Link I believe the WAN and LAN DNS IP addresses were in conflict. I was initially using an external DNS server. My theory at this point is that the Deco lost contact with my external DNS server - and for some reason made the decision to revert to the default IP address scheme. May be a programming flaw the needs to be reviewed. 

The conflicted setting was rather buried - but once found, I was able to change the IP range back to the desired settings. 

it still doesn't explain how the IP address range was changed in the first place. 

thank you for your response. 

Options
2021-03-18 06:38:14

@TP1964 

Hi, Did the WAN settings have some changes after the initial setup?

Currently, I could only think maybe there is no IP conflict at the beginning.

But later if the same thing started again, please feel free to update here

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-16 15:15:33

TP1964 wrote

Updated to the latest firmware this morning - after reboot the ip range of the Deco was reset from 10.0.0.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24 - Several of my hardware devices are hard coded with the IP set. I can't seem to change the IP of the LAN in the app - When I hit "Save" to change it to 10.0.0.254 it says "Failed to save your settings. Try again later."

Short of a factory reset - what can I do??

Following up on this - after several months without issue, the system decided, on its own, to change the ip address range again. No update. No reset. No power outage. Nothing. I believe you have a software bug. It once again set everything from 10.0.0.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24 - which I imagine is the default.

Options
2021-04-20 08:45:13

@TP1964 

Thank you very much for your feedback and please have a check of your message box for more details;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 870

Replies: 5