Archer C6, problem with connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-12 20:53:07
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Newly bought. All the LEDs will be on for a second, and then all off except the power LED.

I plugged in the Ethernet cable in the LAN port and the Internet port and the LEDs remain off, but my computer can be correctly connected to Internet via wired mode.
But I cannot get access into the management website of the router either using tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.0.1. The WLAN is also not available, no WiFi in the WLAN list on both computer and iPhone. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6, problem with connecting
2021-03-15 11:56:24

@dcxzbill 

Please take a picture of the router bottom label, as well as the power adapter, ensure it is the original power adapter and the power input matches.

Check and confirm what is the IP address on the computer when you connect it to the LAN port of the C6, show us the ping result when pinging the gateway:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Refer to this article to do a hardware reset on the C6, then check again if the LEDs will be properly on:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/497/

Just to confirm, who is your ISP? Ensure the cable between the C6 and the ISP modem is good, try with a brand-new cat 5e or cat 6 cable to confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-15 17:24:06

@Kevin_Z 

I tried the hardware reset, but nothing changes, no LED blinks and only the power LED remains on.

Here is the label and the power adapter. I bought it on amazon, it should be the original one.

I've connected the laptop to the router, and the router to the wall socket. Here is the IP config in cmd and the ping result.

I can correctly connect to the Internet via cable, but there is no Wi-Fi in the list. It seems that the router works only as a switch, using the MAC address of my laptop, not the router. And the name of the Ethernet connection is the same as that I connect my laptop directly to the wall socket. 

I'm not sure about my ISP, but I successfully set another router directly. Maybe it's a hardware problem? But even the reset button doesn't work. Completely no idea.

Options
2021-03-16 01:50:31

@dcxzbill 

That's weird. Since you have just purchased it, please contact Amazon to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 3

Related Articles