Cannot upgrade latest firmware of TL-WR840N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-13 11:32:46
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0

I downloaded the latest version of frimware but when i load to the tplink admin section it just says

Error code: 4503

The downloaded file is not suitable for this unit.

Can anyone tell me how to upgrade???

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot upgrade latest firmware of TL-WR840N
2021-03-16 11:31:04

@Krazyraj 

May I have the hardware version of your WR840N, is it V5? How about the region version, is it a US version or an EU one?

Which firmware are you trying to install on the device? Please be aware that you are not allowed to install a firmware version that has been made for another hardware version of your router model. If your WR840N is indeed hardware version V5 then you can only install firmware made for hardware version V5 and not firmware made for V6.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 1

Related Articles