Deco M5 - From Same Test Device getting 50% less Speed in Access Point Mode?? M5 AC1300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - From Same Test Device getting 50% less Speed in Access Point Mode?? M5 AC1300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-13 15:28:45 - last edited 2021-03-13 15:31:52
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest (March 2021)

Hi Guys,

Set up the Deco's.

- Disabled Wifi on my Virgin SuperHub3

- Connected main Deco M5 by Ethernet (is kept like that)(

- I have Sky box and PS4 connected to Superhub via Ehternet  - I will return to this point.

- Setup all went fine, updated latest M5 firmware

- In the default Router Mode I am getting my full 230MB from Window and Mac laptops

- I switch to access point mode as someone explained to me, but only getting 100MB?

-  Do I have to use access point mode?  Or is that the way to keep other Ethernet connections working via the SuperHub?

- If I switch to router mode I assume I would need to use a switch if I wanted to connect via Ethernet mode than 1 device on the only other port the Deco has?

Anyway, any idea why so slow in access point mode same distance from Deco? QoS can't be doing that much?

I do want to use home and giest networks to split my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz devices, but why can;t I use router mode instead?  I dont uerstand.

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - From Same Test Device getting 50% less Speed in Access Point Mode?? M5 AC1300
2021-03-15 10:56:09

@Davinci 

Hi, when the Deco is switched to access point mode, did you test the speed via Deco APP(More>advanced>speedtest)?

if it is, could you please run the speed test on a wired laptop via www.speedtest.net to check whether it is still limited to 100m/s?

And Deco M5 supports guest network on both access point and wireless router mode;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1