Problem of media server services

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-14 10:48:06
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555)

Dear Sirs, 

I have the following problem: i use my router with external HDD SEAGATE BACK UP PLUS HUB 6TB. I see all the files through fttp, but as media server /DNLA/ i can see only the files that are recorder on HDD when I connect the HDD for the firs time with USB port of my router. After that, any new file - jpg, avi, mkv etc which i record on HDD is visible only through fttp. They are not visible on my DNLA devices, including my PC with Windows 10. It seems like the file's content is not reindexing or update.

I try everything: restarting the router, connecting / disconnecting HDD, switching ON/OF Network Neighborhood method,

Bellow are the printscreen on my  preferences.

Thank you in advance!

Boyan Stoynev

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem of media server services
2021-03-16 03:03:21

@BobriB 

Hi Boyan, how many media files in this HDD?

Can you check if you have the same problem when you access the AX50's Media Server (not the SMB network share) via "Windows Media Player"?

Is there a hidden folder named ".TPDLNA" on the USB disk that contains a file "files.db"? You could try to delete that *.db file (or rename or move, if you want to keep it for later) and then replug the HDD to your router and check if that makes any difference.

BTW, what is the format of this HDD? If possible, please check if you still have an issue with a smaller USB disk or HDD.

Options
Re:Problem of media server services
2021-03-16 07:27:03

@Kevin_Z

Hi, Kevin, thank you!

I will check your proposal, but i understand what is the problem: the router have limited number of media files to be indexed. I have about  100 000 pictures. When i uncheck  for sharing the folder with my pictures everything is OK. 

Of course, this is very annoying, but I hope this will be fixed in some further firmware update.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 642

Replies: 2

Related Articles