TL-WR841HP creating mobile hotspot from ethernet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 04:13:10 - last edited 2021-03-15 11:58:58
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 2.0 v0000.0 Build 180402 Rel.74013n(0000)

My desktop computer is connected directly by ethernet to the router.  I also have a tp-link Nano USB adapter (TL-WN725N).  I was able to use my PC as a mobile hotspot, but now, although I can connect other devices (like my phone, laptop) to my mobile hotspot, I get a message showing 'Connected (no internet access)'.  I previously had this issue and with some messing about between the router settings and my PC settings, I managed to get it to work, but I have no idea what I did (I'm not very computer savvy).  Any suggestions? Preferably explained in simple terms.

Just to confirm, if I use my laptop, connected via wi-fi, it works perfectly as a mobile hotspot.  However, if I connect my laptop to the ethernet cable, I get the same problem.  I suspect there's a setting on the router?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR841HP creating mobile hotspot from ethernet connection
2021-03-16 02:44:53

@JoeRS 

Have you checked this troubleshooting guide? This seems more like the settings on the computer but not on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2021/

Options
2021-03-16 04:50:38

@Kevin_Z Thanks, yes, I know about that, that's how I set up the hotspot anyway.  The problem is that, when another device connects to the hotspot, it shows as 'Connected (no Internet access)'.

Kevin_Z wrote

@JoeRS 

Have you checked this troubleshooting guide? This seems more like the settings on the computer but not on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2021/

Options
2021-07-06 10:00:15
Maybe this will help here's how I do it (I have win10 & droid). Connect Ethernet cable PC to router WAN. Hotspot or turn on tethering app. From here on everything is done on PC. Connect to phone. Go into Network settings then change adapter settings. Locate adapter currently using to connect. Right click, click properties. Click share tab, Ethernet You may need to reset router but as long as PC & Ethernet stays connected you should have internet on everything that is connected to router. I'd recommend USB tethering if possible because it's much faster than Bluetooth & wifi connection to "server".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 3