Extender connecting to Laptop but unable to connect to Internt

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-16 11:30:52
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm able to access the internet from my phone but it doesn't work on my laptop. I tried forgetting the network and reconnecting. The laptop connects to the extender but it doesn't connect to the internet. Any help is much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender connecting to Laptop but unable to connect to Internt
2021-03-19 08:06:49

@Chaitu Hello, 

How about the Led Status on range extender right now? If most of the LEDs on circle are still off, that means it did not connect to router successfully. 

Would you please help us check the WIFI password again on your cell phone?Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network .Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

If yes, please press the reset hole on range extender for 10 secs when it is powered on and set it up again : 

TL-WA855RE Range extender Setup Video:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa855re/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1